pls help : hydra oil leak on lathe :)

Thread: pls help : hydra oil leak on lathe :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default pls help : hydra oil leak on lathe :)

hello about the tank from behind the cnc, where the hydra oil is : i have to refill it at 2-3 months

it seems to short time ; way too short

i see nothing under the cnc

i never adventured so far when striping a lathe

should i take some tools and go investigate ? far as i know this tank is used for the "hydra cilinder" behind the chuck + "clamp on the turret / M203" kindly !

ps : i am not on oil guy !!!

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pls help : hydra oil leak on lathe :)

hello mr Wizard i did not thought that also tailstock is hydra : i guess the break is hdyra, like advancing until desired force is reached, than hydra break

dealer respond today, saying that he will send me some color liquid, thus to put it inside the tank to mix with the oil, so to observe better the leaks

also we had to power off the machines, because somebody was suposed to do some interventions at the big electric panel, and with this ocasion, an operator showed me an oil leak under the turret ... normally that place should be dry

i will see kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pls help : hydra oil leak on lathe :)

You are correct that the C-axis brake is also hydraulic
    hi mr Wizard actually i was refering to the brake of the tailstock, not of the C axis, and it really did not cross my mind that also C axis break is hydra

so i am not even close as sharp as you think i am

i find the leak today by mistake : an operator told me that the hydraulic tank from the back of the cnc does not operate the hydraulic cilinder, because there is another tank right under the cilinder

i explained that the tank under the hydra cilinder is for the mist for the bearings ( at least this is what i know ... ), and when i tried to show him, i observed the leak ... i took a key and tighten a screw : tadaaa i am glad it was that easy, because i was expecting to start striping the lathe kindly !