Need Help! Chuck clamp/unclamp confirm

Thread: Chuck clamp/unclamp confirm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chuck clamp/unclamp confirm

Hi

One of the proximity switches on out Okuma LU-300 short circuit the other day, so we changed both switches.
    Now we have a problem with the confirmation, if we set one switch at unclamp and one at clamp the input signals on the I\O screen is ok but we can't get the output signal ON so i get the unclamp error. I have also checked the pressure signal and it's ok.
    If we set both switches ON at clamp state i can run the machine however this isn't correct and we can't use the bar feeder anymore, since i wont get the unclamp signal.
    Anyone experienced this before? We ordered the same switches as stated in the part book.

I know how the switches should be set, we move them regularly when changing from O.D to I.D

Sorry for my english it's not my first language.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chuck clamp/unclamp confirm

Seems like the part numbers in the book isn't correct, wrong sensors :\

Downloads
    Uploads

I assume the sensor wiring is all correct because you say if you activate the sensors, the input signals on the screen reflect that the sensor signals are being received at the control, correct? That being the case, check the output signal from the control - if the unclamp output is on then if you only set the unclamp sensor to come on, the conditional requirements will be met (make sure the clamp sensor is not activated during this). If there are no alarms present after this, then activate your chuck to clamp and make sure the unclamp sensor is not activated and then go ahead and make your clamp sensor signal come on at this point. The control has always been very touchy about how the conditions are matched; that is, once it gets mixed up, you have to make sure that you only work with one side at a time until it sees both conditions met properly in sequence (consecutively). And for the record, your english is fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ProToZyKo View Post
    Hi

If we set both switches ON at clamp state i can run the machine .
    This would indicate to me that the switch is not providing the correct signal to the control. Okuma's current design will not allow both ON for either clamp or unclamp. Check switches and wiring and confirm signals again. Is one perhaps NC instead of NO contact?

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

current design will not allow both ON
    ... this may not be true

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Wrong sensors, the new ones gave signal when in contact the old ones gave signal with no contact, seems like the part book isn't correct for this machine.
    This is why signal had to be ON for both sensors when clamping, one sensor goes of when unclamp and if chuck miss clump the other goes of.

Downloads
    Uploads

The switches should go ON with contact. Unclamp ON when unclamp. Clamp ON when clamp. Clamp OFF when misclamp. I think your issue was that one switch goes ON with contact and one switch goes OFF with contact thus NC and not NO contacts as they should be.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    The switches should go ON with contact. Unclamp ON when unclamp. Clamp ON when clamp. Clamp OFF when misclamp. I think your issue was that one switch goes ON with contact and one switch goes OFF with contact thus NC and not NO contacts as they should be.
    That's correct according to the book, however not in my case, when no contact both sensors gives signal, this allows me to run the spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a proper technique/method to setting the proximity sensors? One of the sensors on our chuck has moved and needs to be set properly. I attempted to reset it, but it's still alarming out. Thanks in advance!