fractured but whole

Thread: fractured but whole

Downloads
    Uploads

Default fractured but whole

hello please, how do you manage stuff about machining a part ?

how & what do you record, so to make it easy to restart the setup next time ?

program, material, control, tools, drawing, etc ... how to make it "fractured but whole" ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fractured but whole

Good question
    okuma is above average, so i thought to throw this question here, and not inside a general forum

question seems general, but maybe someone considers to share something

All of the files go into a specific job folder on the computer, with backups in at least 4 other places including a USB drive(s)
    digital era right now i am testing some backup programs, that i will share here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...ory_stick.html

however, backup is good, but not the idea of this thread

I normally do not use paper drawings, but if needed for reference when running the job I just print that section of the drawings. Those get tossed at the end of the run, it's not useful to me having a bunch of paper around.
    i know how to program most of our parts, but i hate spending time/life/my eyes in front of the pc to make things work

Fixtures go on the shelf along with any special tooling, all identified with a job name. I always build a datum point(s) into fixtures for easy setups the next time. These points are also noted on the drawings along with any other project notes.
    yup, something like that this is what is about this thread

fracture but whole " whole " is the common part of each " fracture "

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: fractured but whole

yup, something like that this is what is about this thread fracture but whole " whole " is the common part of each " fracture "
    this is a rabbit hole, that goes depper and depper, especially when more people are involved

in small shops, a person can keep the balance of all this, but when things go bigger, than few persons have the potential to see the " whole "

however, at some point, organization is rigid and slow, while it can be easier, while it can just flow

so, please, what is your part in this ? what would you do different ?