what macros / procedures do you use ? :)

Thread: what macros / procedures do you use ? :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default what macros / procedures do you use ? :)

Hello please, if you have time and wish to share, what procedures / macros do you use ? particular for a machine, or across ?

or maybe there is a custom approach on a classical issue ?

[ lb3000ex2, osp300 ]
    ... reducing turret travel between operations : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...positions.html
    ... verify operator inputs : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...-osp-p300.html
    ... tailstock : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...ock-codes.html
    ... jaws grinding & milling
    ... 2d milling toolpath on spindle frontal
    ... load monitor values editor, save, etc
    ... sensless gauging / torque skip : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...gin-lathe.html
    ... monitoring tools with low load monitor values http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...tor-stuff.html
    ... broaching : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/309768-cnc.html
    ... negative compensation : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/320382-cnc.html

[ mb66vb, osp300 ]
    ... cilinder roughing
    ... 2d milling toolpath on [xy] plane
    ... measuring tools and detecting changes in length ( tool broken, tool getting out of collet, etc )
    ... tool change : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/316654-forum.html
    ... helix
    ... reducing air purge duration during tools measuring : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...ittle-one.html

[ across or somehow similar ]
    ... counting
    ... coordinate ( positition ) output
    ... driling with safe position on request : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...quot-quot.html
    ... control floating values : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/317692-cnc.html

................ and others under development kindly !

ps : if someone has questions about something, i will be glad to answer

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: what macros / procedures do you use ? :)

many many thanks goes to mr Wizard, Teahole, Broby and Superman

thank you so much for your help i hope to return your kindness someday

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

happy christmass everybody may the force be with you

be warm and do 2..3 random stuffs

Downloads
    Uploads

hello all, and a happy new year to everybody

sharp & rigid tools, easy fixtures, faster cams, less powder swarf, lower costs and bigger salaries + health

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, mr Wizard thx 4 r answer

also, i have other stuff from you shared in these threads :
    ... http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...equence-2.html
    ... http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...m03-m04-2.html

the 1st time i saw your examples i got a bit "scared" ... well, i could not understand them, so those threads ended "in air"

i always read your posts (s)carefull, and generally i understood them only after a while, like months ...

maybe this year i will "get it" i will let you know what i think about your codes

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy, safe and productive New Year!
    ... nobody wanna work

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    TOOLCHEK.LIB
    RTS
    PQ DEF: WHEN P IS ATTACHED TO A LETTER IT BECOMES READABLE
    %
    comments after RTS without brakets may lead to errors if somehow an O**** word is there, thus same name as whatever after a CALL statement located wherever, but executed in main program, even if *.lib file is not accesed during execution, thus no tool changes

is like a passive soubroutine reading, that the control thinks is inside a file, while in reality its name only is inside a comment

thus coments without brakets should be written with caution to this particularity

also, caution to these P* extended addres characters ( maybe good to avoid ) : PA PW PX PZ PZD PZE PZF PXD PXE PXF

RAPID.LIB
    This one allows rapid moves to occur faster because of reduced in position window
    i would say not reduced ipw, but canceled, since 0 is not treated as a minimal value, but as ipw off, allowing maximal tolerance to occur

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    i would say not reduced ipw, but canceled, since 0 is not treated as a minimal value, but as ipw off, allowing maximal tolerance to occur
    this one i know also from you Mr Wizard, so thanks again

also, caution to these P* extended addres characters ( maybe good to avoid ) : PA PW PX PZ PZD PZE PZF PXD PXE PXF
    1st time i talked about this it was here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...ons-mills.html

in that post i made a mistake, when i said this : "even so, maybe a local variable is not used "before and after" a LAP that uses an "extended addres characters" with identical name" bad, bad kitty i will reload all that info ...

idea was that maybe there was a chance to use safe an extended addres character, even by mistake, thus same variable may be declared twice :
    ... once by Okuma inside a specific file, out of normal users reach
    ... once by user inside a random procedure

as long as the "user soubroutine" is :
    ...1) not executed during "Okuma soubroutine", thus there is no background process from Okuma that may be running during execution of "user soubroutine" :
    ......1.1) all is ok as long as the "extended addres character" value is initialized each time "Okuma soubroutine" occurs
    ......1.2a) there may be problems if "Okuma soubroutine" does not initialize the "extended addres character", thus there is a single initialization ( maybe at system startup ), and after that, "Okuma soubroutine" takes as an input the value of the "extended addres character" after last "Okuma soubroutine" execution; in this case may be problems because the "user soubroutine" may alter / change the value of the "extended addres character"
    ......1.2b) in case 1.2a) i said "may be problems ", because, there is a chance not to be problems , if the "extended addres character" inside the "user soubroutine", even if it has same name as the one from the "Okuma soubroutine", is not on same address of the flash memory of the cnc; this means that 2 "extended addres character" or 2 " local variables " with same name may coexist inside 2 different procedures; again, i said "may coexist", because "local variables" are not always treated "local", at least in osp300L, as you can see in this thread : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...riables-2.html
    ...2) negation of case 1, thus "Okuma soubroutine" and "user soubroutine " overlapp, so to say; this case has almost same scenario as 1.2a + 1.2b

so is a bit risky to use a "local variable" with the same name as an "extended addres character" ; this is particular to osp300 at least

Downloads
    Uploads

so is a bit risky to use a "local variable" with the same name as an "extended addres character" ; this is particular to osp300 at least
    "normally" :
    ... you should not care about this
    ... there is no reason for the list of "extended addres characters" that i attached to this post
    ... the control should raise an error when it meets such a particular case

building the control in such a manner is "normal", but how control got windows / operation system based pretty recent, it still caries ghosts, so to say

even if the control can comunicate with windows, is not dependant on it as most pc applications, and it has those ghosts from the past that does not allow it to do "things", like this for example :
    ... throw a warning when a local variable name is in the "extended addres character list"
    ... compute fast stuff, like all described here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...tructures.html
    ... use local variables on mills as on lathes with same control osp300, as shown here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...riables-2.html
    ... still not convinced ? you can not nest more than a few soubroutines

the operation system is stable, and has a lot of resources to sustain the control, while you can not say that vice-versa

is a migration problem, so to say

Downloads
    Uploads

is a migration problem, so to say
    so there are particularities that maybe in time will be eliminated

if variables with same name are inside different procedures :
    ... and this procedures are not called one from another, than all is ok
    ... otherwise problems may appear

i will share how i manage variables, so to avoid some particular cases :
    ... common variable inside codes for cutting / machining
    ... local variables inside codes with other destination; i like to call them "resource files"

... common variables : in attached image i have an assignment list to specific procedures, thus i always consult this list when i am about to add / edit an existing procedure; also i can tell if that variable is blocked for lathe or mill
    ... local variables : i like to use LV01, LV02, etc, LV = local variable; if i nest procedures with local variables, i try to keep the "L" as the 1st letter, and variable name length always 4 characters

this conditions : common variable & local variable L*** keeps me out of the "extended addres characters list"

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

"resource files" that i used :
    ... are named like this "res-name-v*.ssb"
    ... this files should normally be contained inside a *.lib; i don't use *.lib because all files still must be in MD1, and this leads to uploading the files in the flash memory each time the control starts, and maybe i won't run a program that needs to use the *.lib; i would pack them inside a *.lib if it was possible to put the file somewhere else, not in MD1, so not to copy each time that file when i send or copy programs from the cnc to my pc, which are connected through a network
    ... are present in almost each folder that contains a program, but when i load an older program, i must be sure that the "resource files" are updated; thus, this is why i use v* inside the "resource file name"; almost each procedure that i write is created on variants; i attached a view over the folder that contains the variants for the tailstock soubroutine ( http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...ock-codes.html ) maybe i will update this to "v5" if i will apply what i said in http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...variables.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by myhäje View Post
    None, except for tool measuring
    please, share / describe it

i also have one for endmills when cutting on side, with tendency to go out of the collet :
    ... mb66vb, osp3oo
    ... if difference between offsets before and after measuring is too big, a warning is shown
    ... this procedure checks the common variable from the parts counter procedure, so to occure not on each part, but after more parts are machined
    ... data is file logged

Code:
        OHA1                                     ( don't remember what OHA means )

IF [ VC196 EQ 0 ]              NSKIP     ( if this is 1st measuring while a parts counter is active, this procedure is skipped )
        IF [ MOD [ VC196 , 15 ] NE 0 ] NSKIP     ( this procedure takes place at each 15 operations )

VC1 = VTOFH [ VTLCN ]
        CALL OO30
        VC2 = VTOFH [ VTLCN ]

CLOSE C
        FWRITC freza16-ebos.txt;A

CALL OTIME
        PUT '    '
        PUT VC1
        PUT '    '
        PUT VC2
        VC3 = VC2 - VC1
        PUT '    '
        PUT VC3

WRITE C
        CLOSE C

IF [ ABS [ VC3 ] LT 0.15 ] NSKIP ( 0.15 is the maximal allowable difference between offsets )
            VNCOM [ 1 ] = 1
            MSG ( maybe your are lucky, please continue )
            M0
            VNCOM [ 1 ] = 0
        NSKIP

RTS

Downloads
    Uploads

AUTOSET-FIXR.MIN
    hello mr Wizard this code joins your AUTOSET-FIXR.MIN and my *.min output, as described in latest post here : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...tor-stuff.html

Code:
        V1      : starting VLMON#
        V2      : ending    ...
        V3      : if base is <= V3, than limits are defined as in " AUTOSET-FIXR" style ( additive ); otherwise, default ( relative ) occurs :)
        V4 , V5 : amount to add :)
    Code:
        V1 =  1  V2 = 64  (       save between V1 and V2 )

V3 = 25           (       if VLM*B <= V3, than : )
        V4 = 1            ( overwrite VLM*1 with VLM*B + V4 )
        V5 = 2            ( ... ...   VLM*2 ... ... ...  V5 )

( * )

CALL OSTRT
         CALL OCORE
          CALL OEND

M02

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

OSTRT

FWRITC LM-register5.min;A
         PUT ' '
          WRITE C

RTS

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

OEND

PUT '    '
         PUT 'M02'
          WRITE C

CLOSE C

RTS

OCORE

NHERE

CALL OMAIN  LV01 = VLMXB [ V1 ]  LV02 = VLMX1 [ V1 ]  LV03 = VLMX2 [ V1 ]  LV04 = 1
          CALL OMAIN  LV01 = VLMZB [ V1 ]  LV02 = VLMZ1 [ V1 ]  LV03 = VLMZ2 [ V1 ]  LV04 = 2
          CALL OMAIN  LV01 = VLMSB [ V1 ]  LV02 = VLMS1 [ V1 ]  LV03 = VLMS2 [ V1 ]  LV04 = 3
          CALL OMAIN  LV01 = VLMCB [ V1 ]  LV02 = VLMC1 [ V1 ]  LV03 = VLMC2 [ V1 ]  LV04 = 4
          CALL OMAIN  LV01 = VLMMB [ V1 ]  LV02 = VLMM1 [ V1 ]  LV03 = VLMM2 [ V1 ]  LV04 = 5

V1 = V1 + 1

IF [ V1-1 LT V2 ] NHERE

RTS

OMAIN

IF [ LV01 EQ 0 ] NJUMP

CALL OAFIX

PUT '    '
         CALL OHELP
          PUT 'B     [ '
           PUT V1 , 2
            PUT ' ] =     '
             PUT LV01 , 3
                                         WRITE C

PUT '     '
         CALL OHELP
          PUT '1   [ '
           PUT V1 , 2
            PUT ' ]   =   '
             PUT LV02 , 3
                                        WRITE C

PUT '      '
         CALL OHELP
          PUT '2 [ '
           PUT V1 , 2
            PUT ' ]     = '
             PUT LV03 , 3
                                       WRITE C

PUT ' '
                                      WRITE C

NJUMP

RTS

OHELP

IF [ LV04 EQ 1 ] N1
         IF [ LV04 EQ 2 ] N2
          IF [ LV04 EQ 3 ] N3
           IF [ LV04 EQ 4 ] N4
            IF [ LV04 EQ 5 ] N5

N1 PUT 'VLMX'
                                   GOTO NEND

N2 PUT 'VLMZ'
                                  GOTO NEND

N3 PUT 'VLMS'
                                 GOTO NEND

N4 PUT 'VLMC'
                                GOTO NEND

N5 PUT 'VLMM'
                              GOTO NEND

NEND

RTS

OAFIX

IF [ LV01 GT V3 ] NEND

LV02 = LV01 + V4
          LV03 = LV01 + V5

NEND

RTS

Downloads
    Uploads

hello everybody & happy christmas

may the ( cutting ) force be with you