too much time to detect memory_stick :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too much time to detect memory_stick :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default too much time to detect memory_stick :)

Hello, OSP/computer takes too much time to detect memory stick ... and displayes the option to "scan the device"

can it just work ? and nothing else ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: too much time to detect memory_stick :)

on the older lathe works almost instantly ... also with antivirus

there is something, because delay is >60 seconds ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You seem to be trying to save only 1 minute,
    - I'd be looking at saving time in other areas, like setups, better programmed toolpaths, maintenance etc
    ( these areas are where you really NEED to concentrate on saving time )
    yes master ! agree

Downloads
    Uploads

also network is good, i use teamviewer .... but going to machine, starting team viewer there, coming back ...

i don't say that i don't need sport

i would like to be conected to all machines all the time ... should i create a local network ? it would be nice to open my windows explorer, and see there all the HDD's from the cnc's

Downloads
    Uploads

hy, you are right ... i should consider only some folders, not entire HDD

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    i would like to be conected to all machines all the time ... should i create a local network ? it would be nice to open my windows explorer, and see there all the HDD's from the cnc's
    ... at the begining i was running all day with my flash memory, between my PC and machines
    ... after i used team-viewer, and it was better
    ... from yesterday; i am connected with cnc's over a local network, and i have shared only AD0 and MD1 folders from each machine

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

if I was an employer
    are u a policeman ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    ... at the begining i was running all day with my flash memory, between my PC and machines
    ... after i used team-viewer, and it was better
    ... from yesterday; i am connected with cnc's over a local network, and i have shared only AD0 and MD1 folders from each machine
    updating a program through the network is pretty fast

a few seconds ago the operator told me something, i opened *.ssb inside my pc, i just edit a value, and after i send the entire program to the cnc ( image 1 )

at the end of the day, i backup data from my pc, on a stick, through a sync program ( image 2 ), and after i back up data @ home so, if my pc from home and the one from here will get out of order, i will still have the stick with all on it in case i lose the stick, i will have only memories

i organize what i do inside 3 folders, with lots of subfolders, and they are synced automatically all at once

i posted this because the sync program just got better : FreeFileSync - Free Backup and File Synchronization Software
    i don't read whatever the guys that are developing it are saying when updating, but i can say that from version 8.6 i received no more errors

ps : now my only concern is programing speed, which i don't have, since lot of code i write manual

Downloads
    Uploads

hello syncronizing cnc's with a local computer by using a network, considering cnc's as terminals and the computer as a core, is ok, until the computer fails

thus data from the pc must be backed up :
    ... so far i syncronized pc from work with my pc from home, thus another location, by using a flash memory ( offline )
    ... another method is to think of drop boxes, thus hosting memory on whatever sites / servers ( online )

"online" backup makes data available almost anywhere, if you are comfortable with storing data "online", thus you don't care about virtual security

"offline" syncro is much faster and not dependant on an internet conection
    however, there is "data" which is not allowed to go "online", so, on this case, "offline syncro" is a must

problem with "offline" is when devices break or are not compatible cross platforms : this is exactly what happend 2 me : usb stick and main computer got screwed, and most of newer usb sticks are not compatible with windows XP ( runing on some OSP300)

i still don't worry, because i have data backed up in 2 separate physical places, but the link between them is broke

i will fix this, no big worries, but prevention is the best

this remind me of drug dealers, looking for old school mobile phones, so to avoid gps tracking on newer ones

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have Backups then really at the end of the day, if a PC dies, the most amount of inconvenience is waiting for a replacement one to turn up
    hy Broby exactly ...

... how fast can you make another pc to deliver same thing as the one that break at the moment that it breaked ? just like nothing happended ?
    ... what if the 2nd fails when you try to start it up ?
    ... and i don't ask for theoretical answers, but for real back-up solutions

USB's are ok for Offline storage, but they are NOT rated for long term storage
    About this, someone told me yesterday that i should print on paper all the programs that i have just in case ... at his previous working place, an electrical problem put out some computers inside programing departement, and some data got lost, so the guys started printing "stuff"

Not even sure why you are using sneaker net technology for OSP300 controllers when they have networking built in
    this is how i back up things : [ cnc ] > network > [ pc ] > usb > [ other devices ]

data is syncronized between [ pc ] and [ other devices ]

at this moment [ pc ] and [ 2 devices ] from work are broked ; i have no worries, because i still have 2 devices functional, but maybe my dog will eat them is a joke, but ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hy broby most of last few days i spent searching for better back-up software ... still searching / testing / etc ...

Fair enough, but make sure you have the vet on standby to extract the "backup" from the dog!
    i will make him also eat an usb cable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast