load monitor stuff - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: load monitor stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: load monitor stuff

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello, one operator forgot to remove the part when program finished, and so machine crashed

i saw that X axis effort stopped at 196% ...

please, is there a way to edit this values ? like to stop when effort is 100 or 120 ?

also, where can i find this crash limits ? kindly !
    what about attached stuff ? please, what are those settings for ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hello there are some posts in this thread about a ramp behaviour when monitoring X axis

please check attached image : left is a width=6 groove knife, and right is a width=3

chart shows less efort required for the w6

if i put a delay >10 .. 15 seconds before the w3, than i can see a lower efort on the chart

i can not run the program with such a delay, and to avoid toolholders damaged, i simply switch inserts more often

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hello all i was prety close to reduce crash impacts severity, but i hit a wall and i can not continue

this involves "torque limiter" : parameters / other function / upper limit of torque limit comand

that limit can not be > 100, even if efforts during normal machining are greater than that

reason why this limit is limited, is that it is designed for "torque skip", which operates at values <<< 100

well, it is possible to input :
    ... max_value=100 for that limit
    ... G29 PX=100 and G29 PZ=100 at program start
    ... G28 at program end

this will work just fine for feed movements, but it will fail for rapids, because acceleration/deceleration uses more than 100 for this to work, than it is required something like M216, or something like torque_limit_delay_time ( from same parameters page allready mentioned in this post )

at this moment i could use this to protect the machine during cutting, but i would have to avoid leaving these codes active when rapids occur ( repositioning when roughing / or when threading, etc ... )

to protect it also during rapids, thus to achieve all time protection, than it is required a solution to ignore rapid peeks

kindly !

Downloads
    Uploads

to protect it also during rapids, thus to achieve all time protection, than it is required a solution to ignore rapid peeks
    just imagine : cnc is always monitored at an editable value that may be lower than rapid peeks effort everybody benefits

... this is exactly how load monitor operates

Downloads
    Uploads

just imagine : cnc is always monitored at an editable value that may be lower than rapid peeks effort everybody benefits

... this is exactly how load monitor operates
    i started using a general vlmon variable, which i turn off only when a tool requires monitoring

this should protect the cnc from crashes that leads to missalingments, or at least reduce impact severity

i will share codes for this in a few months, so to be sure that is all ok kindly !

Downloads
    Uploads

Your Okuma has 4 methods of monitoring:

1. NC torque limiter - always ON monitoring for crashes.
    2. Load monitor - for detecting worn or broken tools.
    3. Torque limiter - used to limit load to a maximum value such as during a part transfer.
    4. Torque skip - used to feed to a certain load, and then stop such as when feeding to a part or using a bump stop
    ... as force is applied to an axis, the DIFF becomes greater and the greater the distance, the more the motor will try to reach 0 DIFF. This shows up as motor load or current applied. This can increase until max current is reached at which point the DIFF will continue to grow until about 1mm is reached. That is when the DIFF over alarm will occur
    hello mr Wizard i recently runned some trials, trying to reduce crash impact severitity

normal feed movements ( cutting ) can be easily monitored with load_monitor, because speeds are normal, and there is plenty of time for load_monitor to react

as speeds increase, thus rapids or fast G01s, load_monitor reaction time is too slow, and in this moment diff errors ocurr

at all crashes that i experienced so far, diff error was there : 1181-11 alarm-a mcs diff over

so this function :
    1. NC torque limiter - always ON monitoring for crashes
    is the one that triggers the diff error ? kindly !

ps : only thing i could find about torque limiter is in attached image, and i dont understand what it means/ what it does

Downloads
    Uploads

i am not sure : machine moves incremental, thus on a long travel there are a lot of motor impulses / sectors / small segments

control knows electric power consumption for each segment

when too much power is required and segment lenght is not achieved, means that a colision occured, and a diff error is issued ?

perhaps "too much power" means the equivalent power for diff=1 mm ?

if it is like this, than it makes sense

Downloads
    Uploads

... as force is applied to an axis, the DIFF becomes greater and the greater the distance, the more the motor will try to reach 0 DIFF. This shows up as motor load or current applied. This can increase until max current is reached at which point the DIFF will continue to grow until about 1mm is reached. That is when the DIFF over alarm will occur
    i dont think that diff>1 will trigger an alarm

diff>1 may be a result of trials, where at diff=1 a specific admisible torque limit is reached

specific admisible torque limit coefficient may be available for user input ( thus editable ) from the parameter desribed in attached image, located in sys. para.

if things are to be done by the book, than X axis, for example, should have a specific_admisible_torque_limit_for_X+_sense > specific_admisible_torque_limit_for_X-_sense, thus consideration for turret mass

also that may be nonsense if cynematics can deliver much more momentum than what is needed to move the turret mass

i am not an encoder cynematic expert, but i would like to know these things ; kindly !

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DTLC

hello all, does anyone use dynamic tool load control ?

https://www.okuma.eu/en/technologies...-load-control/

i think there should be an input for nr of flutes, and machine tries to keep same average load for a duration required to rotate the spindle with 360/z; also, it may be possible that the control detects automatically the number of flutes

it requires a quick reaction load monitor ... i think this delivers nice results for big tools, while little&fast ones may not be processed with same accuracy

question is if 1% of load monitor is the base unit of the cnc if load monitor is 0.1 acurate ( or 0.01 ), than there may be a chance for little tools

i think monitor reaction time shoud be circa1/100 seconds, and this is interesting, because such a reaction time has load-monitor on lathes, while a mill requires an overload for at least 1 second before showing an alarm .... it is a team-vs-team, but maybe the actual load monitor on a mill is more capable than what it delivers

Downloads
    Uploads

hy / what i really dont like is that DTLC requires quick reaction monitoring, while default load-monitor on a mill will stop a tool only after 1 second of overload

i think both DTLC and LM have a lot in common

on a recent lathe setup, LM saved the day for me, at least 15 times : [ nasty material ] + [ less experienced operators ]

also there were 2 cases at 2000 parts, thus 1:1000, when the drill got stucked not when cutting, but when getting out of the hole

so i have peace of mind when machining on lathe / on the mill nothing happend so far, but i would really apreciate a quicker LM

teahole, someone, please help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G23 to the R to the E to the S to the C to the U to the E :)

G23 is in da house
    G23 ? G23 !!!!!!!!!
    G@#
    why crasing a lathe when G23 is there ?
    the only absolute thing is G23
    you wont believe it: G23 finally exposed
    G2 + G3 = LOVE

Code:
    N1   G00 X375-VETFX Z150-VETFZ
    N2   T101010 M66

N3   G00 X108.5 Z53.8
    N4   G29 PX=35 
    N5   G01 X90 F500 G94
    N6   G28

N7   G00 X0 Z10
    to wisely use time, i used G29 ( trq limit ) only on a small area, where collision might ocure ... before and after this area i sticked to G00

F500 and PX35 is safe enough to let the machine actually crash again, and again, and again ...
    hello all almost a year ago i needed, and succeded, to monitor a hot zone, where a crash may occure, if the operator forgot to remove the part now i can tell that there is more than 1 way to do it ... these samples are equivalent :

Code:
        G00         Z+V7
        G29 PZ=25
        G01         Z-V7    F+100   G94
        G28

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

G00         Z+V7
        G29 PZ=60
        G23 PZ=25   Z-V7    F+100*5 G94 D+V7*2
        G28

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

VLMZB [ 1 ] = 25
        VLMZ1 [ 1 ] = 25
        VLMZ2 [ 1 ] = 25
        VLMON [ 1 ] =  2
        G00         Z+V7
        G01         Z-V7    F+100   G94
        VLMON [ 1 ] = 0

there may be a hot zone inside the lathe cabinet, among which monitoring is required

if effort level should be :
    ... <= a random value, use above samples (*1)
    ...... clasical example : operator forgot to remove the part
    ... >= a random value, use G22 (*2)
    ...... clasical examples : senseless gauging, part transfer between spindles

(*1) 3rd sample requires LM to be on, so a fail may occure if it is off; please, how can i check if LM is on ?
    (*2) G23 and G22 share same syntax

kindly !

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G22 mysteries

hello everybody G22 requires G29 before, and G28 after; thats the way the manuals present it

... but may i ask : does someone has an explanation for this ?

dont you think that G22 should work without those neighbours ?

Code:
      ( G29 PZ=25 )
        G22 PZ=25 Z... F... G94 D...
      ( G28 )

onestly, i really see no reason to remove the brakets; but i have to; why ?

i may have an answer that makes sense, but i would really appreciate some opinions

kindly!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default torque value trials

hello i am looking for an effect caused by editing the torque value ( attached )

if i set torque value at 50, 75 or 100%, and if i move the turret :
    ... from the hand wheel, with :
    ...... 0.001 increments, i can reach 250..265% load and cca0.1diff, and the motors shut down
    ...... 0.050 increments, i can reach load>290% and diff>0.25, without the motor shutting down; i didn't continued
    ... using a program with slow feed ( 1mm/min ), in all cases Zaxis_effort reached 257-258%, and diff was 0.115-0.119; maybe torque value has no effect in this case, because the feed is too low

it may be possible that the effect is increased at higher feeds, considering that this function should stop the machine if the rapids would hit something

generally, i use torque value = 50%, thus at minimal value, and i believe that it is better this way, rather than using a higher value

i would like to be sure instead of making suppositions / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

Default alternative load monitor coding

hello

among other things, i have tried to create codes for :
    ... saving, loading and reseting load monitor values
    ... faster coding for VLMON
    ... enhance the safety for long time series

in november 2017 all those became a single unit. I did not shared it, because i needed to be sure that it works ... and it works

this is how i code the load monitor inside the main program:

Code:
        NOEX V166 = -1  ( it requires a common variable )
        CALL OLM64 ( adress64 : general protection activated right at the begining of the program )

CALL OLM01 ( adress01 )
        cutting something
        CALL OLM02 ( adress02 )
        cutting something else
        CALL OLM64 ( adress64 again )
        some cutting
        CALL OLMOF ( load monitor disabled, near the end of the program )
    after that i open a *.min, and i input the monitor values :

Code:
        NOEX VLMXB [  1 ] = ... 
        NOEX VLMX1 [  1 ] = ...  
        NOEX VLMX2 [  1 ] = ... 

NOEX VLMMB [  2 ] = ... 
        NOEX VLMM1 [  2 ] = ... 
        NOEX VLMM2 [  2 ] = ... 
    save + select + execute : it generates a master ssb soubroutine and i'm done !

advantages :
    - all vlm*b,vlm*1,vlm*2 functions are grouped inside a single file
    - no need to write the value for the VLMON :
    ... for example, if i wish to monitor C into #3, i won't write VLMON [ 3 ] = 4, but only CALL OLM03 : is easier and faster
    ... there is no VLMON [ arg ] = 0 lines , thus less code to right inside the program; status of a load monitor adress ( on / off ) is handled inside the master soubroutine that is generated automatically
    - even if i don't use a VLMON for a specific operation, there is always active, in background, a monitoring value, which saves the day; examples :
    ... a drill broke, and the threading tool did not get damaged ( background Z monitor stopped the cnc )
    ... a reamer got stuck ( background M monitor stopped the cnc )
    ... too many chips got pressed between turret and cabinet ( Z again )

master benefit is not that the coding time is reduced, but that during cutting, all axis are monitorized : it gives peace of mind, especially when it stops the cnc and prevents damage; the stopping is not brutal, just stops check, replace, restart : that's all !

this one + tool offset checking so to prevent operator error + lower torque value for the rapids = less worries

what happens inside the min file :
    ... 1st of all, it resets all load monitor values ( if there is something from a previous setup, it will be gone instantly )
    ... it loads into #64 all the admisible limits : i use XZCYM = 80% + none for S
    ... it checks each load monitor value inputed, and inserts admisible limits into the axis that had not been declarated : for example, into #1 which uses only X, it will fill automatically ZCYM with 80%; also, for #2 which uses only M, it will fill XZCY with 80%
    ... data is written into a G-code format, and saved with ssb extension

pls find these codes :
    ... content for the min ( it is required to edit only the blue lines )
    ... example of a ssb generated by the min file / kindly

Code:

CALL ORSLM

NOEX VLMXB [  1 ] = 21          ( debitare ebos    )
        NOEX VLMX1 [  1 ] = 22
        NOEX VLMX2 [  1 ] = 23

NOEX VLMMB [  2 ] = 30          ( burghiu          )
        NOEX VLMM1 [  2 ] = 33
        NOEX VLMM2 [  2 ] = 36

NOEX VLMXB [  3 ] = 18          ( debitare finitie )
        NOEX VLMX1 [  3 ] = 19
        NOEX VLMX2 [  3 ] = 21

CALL OAMV

M02

( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

ORSLM ( reset load monitor )

NOEX  LV01 = 0
      NHERE NOEX  LV01 = LV01 + 1
            NOEX VLMXB [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMX1 [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMX2 [ LV01 ] = 0
            NOEX VLMZB [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMZ1 [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMZ2 [ LV01 ] = 0
            NOEX VLMSB [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMS1 [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMS2 [ LV01 ] = 0
            NOEX VLMCB [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMC1 [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMC2 [ LV01 ] = 0
            NOEX VLMMB [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMM1 [ LV01 ] = 0 VLMM2 [ LV01 ] = 0

IF [ LV01 LT 64 ] NHERE

RTS

OAMV ( adjust monitor values )

FWRITC res-olmts-v11.ssb;A

CALL OAMV3 ( write blank line ) (*2)

CALL OTIME
        WRITE C

CALL OAMV3 ( write blank line )

( '1234567890123456' - max 16 chars )
        NOEX PUT 'OLMOF ( Load Mon'
        NOEX PUT 'itor OFf )'
        WRITE C

NOEX PUT '  VLMON [ V166 ]'
        NOEX PUT ' =  0'
        WRITE C

NOEX PUT '  NOEX    V166  '
        NOEX PUT ' = -1'
        WRITE C

CALL OAMV1 ( write RTS )

NOEX       V1 = 0
        NHERE NOEX V1 = V1 + 1 (*1)
              NOEX V2 = VLMXB [ V1 ] + VLMZB [ V1 ] + VLMSB [ V1 ] + VLMCB [ V1 ] + VLMMB [ V1 ] ( + VLMYB [ V1 ] )

IF [ [ [ V2 NE 0 ] OR [ V1 EQ 64 ] ] EQ 0 ] NJUMP

NOEX V3 = 0

NX     IF [    VLMXB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTX

NOEX VLMXB [ V1 ] = 80    ( general protection limits for X axis )
                             NOEX VLMX1 [ V1 ] = 80
                             NOEX VLMX2 [ V1 ] = 80

NWRTX  IF [    VLMXB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ] NZ
                             NOEX V3 = V3 +   1

NZ     IF [    VLMZB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTZ

NOEX VLMZB [ V1 ] = 80                         ( idem for Z axis )
                             NOEX VLMZ1 [ V1 ] = 80
                             NOEX VLMZ2 [ V1 ] = 80

NWRTZ  IF [    VLMZB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ] NC
                             NOEX V3 = V3 +   2

NC     IF [    VLMCB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTC

NOEX VLMCB [ V1 ] = 80                                (   C   )
                             NOEX VLMC1 [ V1 ] = 80
                             NOEX VLMC2 [ V1 ] = 80

NWRTC  IF [    VLMCB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ] NS
                             NOEX V3 = V3 +   4

NS     IF [    VLMSB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTS

NOEX VLMSB [ V1 ] = 80-80                             (   S   )
                             NOEX VLMS1 [ V1 ] = 80-80
                             NOEX VLMS2 [ V1 ] = 80-80

NWRTS  IF [    VLMSB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ] NM
                             NOEX V3 = V3 +   8

NM     IF [    VLMMB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTM

NOEX VLMMB [ V1 ] = 80                                (   M   )
                             NOEX VLMM1 [ V1 ] = 80
                             NOEX VLMM2 [ V1 ] = 80

NWRTM  IF [    VLMMB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ](NY) NWRT
                             NOEX V3 = V3 +  16

( NY     IF [    VLMYB [ V1 ] NE 0 ] NWRTY

VLMYB [ V1 ] = 80         )                      (   Y   )
                        (         VLMY1 [ V1 ] = 80
                                  VLMY2 [ V1 ] = 80

NWRTY  IF [    VLMYB [ V1 ] EQ 0 ] NWRT
                             NOEX V3 = V3 + 128             )

NWRT CALL OAMV3 ( write blank line )
                        NOEX PUT 'OLM'
                        CALL OAMV2 ( write V1, with 2 chars )
                        NOEX PUT ' IF [ V166 EQ -1'
                        NOEX PUT ' ] NJUMP'
                        WRITE C
                        NOEX PUT '       VLMON [ V'
                        NOEX PUT '166 ] = 00'
                        WRITE C
                        NOEX PUT ' NJUMP NOEX    V'
                        NOEX PUT '166   = '
                        CALL OAMV2 ( write V1, with 2 chars )
                        NOEX PUT '       VLMON [ V'
                        NOEX PUT '166 ] ='
                        NOEX PUT V3 , 3
                        WRITE C
                        CALL OAMV1 ( write RTS )

NJUMP IF [ V1 LT 64 ] NHERE

NOEX PUT ' ( grija la codu'
        NOEX PUT 'rile de serie ca'
        NOEX PUT 're se comporta d'
        NOEX PUT 'iferit pe ultima'
        NOEX PUT ' piesa )'
        WRITE C
        NOEX PUT ' ( este posibil '
        NOEX PUT 'sa iti sara OLMO'
        NOEX PUT 'N #64; in acest '
        NOEX PUT 'caz, poate merge'
        NOEX PUT ' sa-l pui dupa E'
        NOEX PUT 'ND )'
        WRITE C

CLOSE C

RTS

OAMV1 ( write RTS )

NOEX PUT 'RTS  ( . . . . .'
      NOEX PUT ' . . . . . . . .'
      NOEX PUT ' . . . )'
      WRITE C

RTS

OAMV2 ( write V1, with 2 chars )

IF [ V1 GE 10 ] NJUMP
            NOEX PUT '0'
            NOEX PUT V1 , 1
            GOTO NEND
      NJUMP NOEX PUT V1 , 2
      NEND WRITE C

RTS

OAMV3 ( write blank line )

NOEX PUT ' '
      WRITE C

RTS

(   X Z C S  M  W S2   Y   B
         1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256   )

Code:
    OLMOF ( Load Monitor OFf )

VLMON [ V166 ] =  0
      NOEX    V166   = -1

RTS  ( . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

OLM01 ( Load Monitor on for adress 01 )

IF [ V166 EQ -1 ] NJUMP
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 00
     NJUMP NOEX    V166   = 01
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 23

OLM02 ( Load Monitor on for adress 02 )

IF [ V166 EQ -1 ] NJUMP
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 00
     NJUMP NOEX    V166   = 02
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 23

OLM03 ( Load Monitor on for adress 03 )

IF [ V166 EQ -1 ] NJUMP
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 00
     NJUMP NOEX    V166   = 03
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 23

OLM64 ( Load Monitor on for adress 64 )

IF [ V166 EQ -1 ] NJUMP
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 00
     NJUMP NOEX    V166   = 64
           VLMON [ V166 ] = 23

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast