Need Help! Okuma mx-55vb: the tool changing arm stuck Please Help!!!

Thread: Okuma mx-55vb: the tool changing arm stuck Please Help!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma mx-55vb: the tool changing arm stuck Please Help!!!

Hello I was wondering if someone can help me with a problem.. We have the okuma mx 55vb osp u100m.. The problem is the tool changing arm is stuck in atc seq 11.. I can't step reverse.. If someone can help that will be great thanx

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma mx-55vb: the tool changing arm stuck Please Help!!!

Look in your maintenance manual for your machine and find the ATC sequence for your machine. You will need it in order to properly recover. I'm guessing that if you are stuck, you've probably lost your spindle orientation by either powering off the machine or hitting the e-stop. Never a good idea to re-boot if your tool changer is stuck, it only makes it worse... In the parameters, you will find a page for the ACT with the sequence number on it. You will need to look at the ATC sequence and what is required to happen and carefully change the sequence number (probably forcing it to go down through the sequence) to work your way back to sequence 1. IF in doubt, get your local rep on site or have them walk you through it over the phone because when you force the sequence like this it is possible to make matters worse. (for example trying to orientate the spindle with the changer arm attached to the clamped tool - not good) Carefully work your way back to sequence 1 at which point you should see the ATC ready light come back on. It is also a good idea to watch the diagnosis page on the machine to see what the machine is looking for during the ATC sequence. The ATC can wait for up to 3 minutes while it waits for switch confirmation etc. before you will get an alarm, but you should see the issue displayed on the diagnosis page while it tries.

Be careful and good luck,

Be careful and good luck.

By the way, be careful and good luck!