Need Help! total hours ran on machine esl6

Thread: total hours ran on machine esl6

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default total hours ran on machine esl6

I was wondering if someone can help me step by step, to get to a page on the okuma esl6 that will tell me the total hours the the machine had been on/ran I seem to only get the total hours ran/on on programs not the actual machine life itself thank you

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: total hours ran on machine esl6

which control?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    which control?
    Ops u10L

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the Parameter Set mode, press F7 (item down) until you see the NC Work Counter screen
    Then press Page Down key to see the NC Hour Meter screen. This screen shows the total power-on time.
    The Work Counter screen is an option so if you can't find it by pressing Item Down while in the
    Parameter Set mode then you don't have that option and therefore it's impossible to know the total power-on time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails total hours ran on machine esl6-power-time-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    In the Parameter Set mode, press F7 (item down) until you see the NC Work Counter screen
    Then press Page Down key to see the NC Hour Meter screen. This screen shows the total power-on time.
    The Work Counter screen is an option so if you can't find it by pressing Item Down while in the
    Parameter Set mode then you don't have that option and therefore it's impossible to know the total power-on time.
    Darn it I guess I don't have that option on these okumas thank you for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

Thought those had MacMan? Iknow the 7000 did, can't remember if those do. It would be in there if it does. (top right of MDI keypad)

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

MacMan is pretty useless. It's a sales gimmick to impress a boss who is buying the machine but has no clue about anything in the real world. Definitely no total power-on info in MacMan.
    It has total time power is on for a job but no total total power-on time. It has a work counter but it can't be reset except by loading a new program (which also resets the power-on time for that job) so even that is useless.
    It's essentially for monitoring the current job progress time (cycle time, cutting time, non-cutting time etc) and quantities in a fantasy world where virtual reality becomes reality.

The Work Counter is an option and the Hour Meter page comes with it.
    No Work Counter means no Hour Meter.
    I asked our Okuma sales/repair guy about it many years ago and that's basically what he said.

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually Macman does for sure have total power on time, machine running time etc. All in there, just did a pm 2 weeks ago and part of that was documenting hours.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not according to my manual or at least not that I can see from a quick browse of it.
    It looks like the Power-On time shown in MacMan is reset when a new program is loaded.
    I could be wrong ;-)
    I know for sure the OSP-7000 version doesn't have it because I have checked it on my machine and our Okuma guy said Power On Time is via the Work Counter page.

Here's the OSP-U10L MacMan manual (can't attach it, get error file is too big despite upload window saying allowable pdf file size is 4GB)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxahsa8m7g...anual.pdf?dl=0

No mention of total machine power-on time there. Only a mention of total machine power-on time per job and per day.
    I'm curious to know what page is mentioning a total power on time since the machine was installed....

Downloads
    Uploads

I just did a 7000. It wasn't one of the first pages, I have the instructions, but I remember having to go to macman, and using f4 and paging down. Showed something like 2,200 hours on time, 700 cycle time etc.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

now I'm curious.
    2200 isn't much though. at 8 hours a day that's only 275 days. so not even 1 year.
    it would be possible to get that as a power-on time for a macman session if the machine was not switched off for a long time.
    my machine was built in 1995 so it should have a power on time of about 50000 hours.
    I'll have a look on my machine tomorrow.

Last edited by fordav11; 03-29-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

None of our machines are high hours. Only R&d jobs.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok well I checked my machine (OSP7000), pressed every button in Macman, page down, F4 on every screen and page on every screen (and every other F button). no Total Time anywhere.
    have you got the procedure to get to the Total Time info?