Need Help! 2726 alarm

Thread: 2726 alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2726 alarm

We recently purshased and moved a 2001 Okuma MC-4020 with an OSP-U10m controler. After getting the machine back together and power to it we end up with a 2726 Spindle cooling unit alarm. We cant seem to sort out what the issue is and where we arent familar with the controller or machine rather than just pushing buttons trying to clear the alarm or trying to sort out the issue i thought it might be easier to ask for help.

Can anyone give me suggestions on what the issue is or what to look for?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2726 alarm

is the spindle cooling unit connected? is it powered up? some alarm indication on cooling unit itself? Check if there is a "reset" button on the spindle cooling unit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    is the spindle cooling unit connected? is it powered up? some alarm indication on cooling unit itself? Check if there is a "reset" button on the spindle cooling unit.
    the unit was never unhooked. We un hooked the coolant tank and pumps and the thru spindle coolant chiller when we moved the machine but other than that we moved it as a complete unit. When the machine powers up the alarm appears. The green light next on the chiller unit itself does not light up. Pushing the reset button does nothing. There was no alarm i noticed when we powered up the machine at its former location before the move to block the head up for transport.

Would there be a fuse or relay thats tripped somewhere in the electrical panel?

Downloads
    Uploads

The green light next on the chiller unit itself does not light up
    once again. is it powered up?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am guessing no...its not powered up... the fan isnt running the green light isnt on.

I am not sure if i should be looking for anything particular. Where i am new to the machine and this is a spindle cooler i would wonder if it should be on until the spindle coolant reaches a temperature. We havent even turned the spindle on until i am sure its working.

if you could tell me what to look for or where to start it would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads

check the wiring, connection and circuit braker

Downloads
    Uploads

Is phase right? Motor will run backwards if not, so no pressure.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is exactly was it was. The phases were reversed when wired up and the motor ran backwards.

Thanks for the help...

On a related note on this machine when we connect the air the spindle oil mist system it was blowing constantly with no power to the machine. We traced it to a solenoid valve the seemed to connected backwards( air in through the out and out through the in port). I contacted Okuma or at least the dealer who contacted Okuma who agreed the valve was backwards so we reversed it. Now the air blows the oil mist to the spindle as soon as the machine is under power but not when its powered down.

I don't like messing with this as if its wrong i will burn out the spindle bearings and that cant be good. Does anyone else have an Okuma VMC-4020 year 2001 that could confirm when the air blows on their machine. Mine has a 15,000 rpm spindle in case that matters...

Downloads
    Uploads

There's 2 versions of spindle air blow. One comes on when the machine powers on the other starts to blow when the spindle starts to rotate. Either way, yours was wrong but should be correct now.

The air blow comes on to prevent coolant from getting sucked into the bearings when you run at 15000 RPM.

All the best,

Downloads
    Uploads

Yours is now correct.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello....Sir, can I ask you something.....I have Okuma VMC MX 45 VAE with OSP U10M control....my problem is - all books I have are on DEUTSCHE !...I can`t understand anything !!! Can you help me with manuals for programing for U10 M ?
    Thank you in advance !
    Regards
    Nikolay