Strange DNC Problem

Thread: Strange DNC Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Strange DNC Problem

I am having a problem at our shop with a Okuma 7000M controller. We have three other machines with the same control, but it's only happening with this machine. It has a DNC-B board. Each machine has it's own PC feeding it. We're using OKDNC. The operator can run the same program and it throws a DNC error. He has said that it will stop at the same spots if he runs the program again within a line or two anways. The PC for this machine did get replaced last summer. The operator has said over the last couple months the machine has gotten worse. After seeing the problem myself I am starting to think it can't be a physical hardware problem. I replaced the serial cable to see if it would help. I lowered the baudrate to see if it would help. None of these helped. Here is the error the machine received today 2426 Alarm B DNC-B Remote Operation 300 '4218'. If anyone has anything suggestions the would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

check RS232 connection quality first.
    Use the OSP port, which is used for DNC. Try to send forward-back files about 8kB size. Verify (compare) at PC side. Use larger files (20kB and more) if Your control allows. Raise baud rate. It's a stupid legend, that lower baud rate is better for serial communication. Take 9600bps for instance.
    We can step forward with DNC errors when RS232 communication is right.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Strange DNC Problem

I am also having like this problem in okuma osp e100m controller bt its coming in the some time interval like 1 hr r 2 hr

2426 alarm b dnc-b remote operation
    If anyone has any suggestion the would be greatly appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Stay away from USB to Serial adapters, I have seen them cause strange things to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am using serial port from computer to machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cbritton1978 View Post
    I am having a problem at our shop with a Okuma 7000M controller. We have three other machines with the same control, but it's only happening with this machine. It has a DNC-B board. Each machine has it's own PC feeding it. We're using OKDNC. The operator can run the same program and it throws a DNC error. He has said that it will stop at the same spots if he runs the program again within a line or two anways. The PC for this machine did get replaced last summer. The operator has said over the last couple months the machine has gotten worse. After seeing the problem myself I am starting to think it can't be a physical hardware problem. I replaced the serial cable to see if it would help. I lowered the baudrate to see if it would help. None of these helped. Here is the error the machine received today 2426 Alarm B DNC-B Remote Operation 300 '4218'. If anyone has anything suggestions the would be greatly appreciated.
    Verify “%” symbol at start and end of program