Need Help! vac drive problems D11

Thread: vac drive problems D11

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default vac drive problems D11

I have a 1995 cadet v4020 that is giving me a vac drive error. The error is 317 power circuit low voltage. I was wondering if any one has an answer for this. From what I read it could be the IGBT moduls or connections. Help please!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default just a guide

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vac drive problems D11-vac-ii-iii-troubleshooting-pdf  
    any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I pulled my drive out and took the pcb off to get to the modules. My IGBT4 was blown apart. The only explanation I have for this is when we wired the machine up the electrition flipped the power with the coolant pump wires laying bare in a nest on the floor. The main breaked blew and problems arouse. Could this have blown my module apart? Just wondering before I replace and ruin a new one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Most of the time a power surge is what takes out the modules, but sometimes when the module blows it could cause damage to the top board. I would replace the module and when I put the drive back in I would not hook the spindle motor Leeds up just bring up the machine and the drive will boot normal and you should not get an alarm unless you command the spindle to run. On the older drives OKUMA is not supporting these and offer a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ upgrade. to the Vac IV drive. IF all else fails take a look at this web site for older equipment. good support, warranty,and great prices.
    WWW.CNCRepair.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When you say don't hook up the motor leads do you mean the uvw leads out of the drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't worry. IGBT modules are not used in new design just because of their technical properties. I would recommend to order replacement modules from "eupec". It's good to have spare. I do change them about 12 per year at one factory with 32 old Okuma's

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry yes U,V,W Before you hook the motor back up to the drive it is always a good Idea to meg the motor and the cable separate from each other.

any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have also found out today that the HM03 fuses liked to the igbt4 modul are blown too. Is this common or is there an underlieing problem somewhere. This is the first machine I have bought to start up my own shop and this **** is starting to scare me right out of the bag.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that there maybe a issue on the lower unit due to age or the move. I have seen perfectly older machines running great, get picked up and moved and when they are powered up "POOF" something will give up in the electronics. I glanced around the net and found a rebuild D-11 you may want to just replace it and be done with it.

OKUMA:1006-1220-17-028 VAC 1 D11 EXCH 1006-1220-17-028 OKUMA VAC 1 D11 Spindle Drive with -084B top board. EXCHANGE 2,875.00

Downloads
    Uploads

These old drive units are easy repairable in my opinion. You would be in real trouble if similar problem with new one.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would be super careful, coolant pump lines will not blow a main, or the drive. They are protected at a much smaller amperage. Make sure the electrical plumber didn't put 480 to it or something weird.