Okuma OSP-U10

Thread: Okuma OSP-U10

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Okuma OSP-U10

What is the PUNCH and READ keyboard commands on the Okuma OSP-U10L control?

It was all set up but then the operatoro left the company and I don't know what to type in at the machine control to get it to SEND and RECEIVE files out the RS-232 serial port.

Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

you can also add programs thru floppy disk to the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking PUNCH & READ COMMANDS

It can make a difference on how your machine is wired to your DNC but usually it is Punch TT: write, to save files & Read TT: write, to load files into the control. To load a file into the control you would get your DNC file set and tell it to Download the file, you would then go to the machine control in Edit and tell it to Read TT: and push write

To upload a tape file you would get your DNC file ready and tell it to Upload the file, you would then go to the control and pusg Edit, Punch TT:O19688 ( File Name)

We have some older controls that have two channels of communication setup.

CN1: is for tool offsets & CN0: is for part programs. This allows the baud rates to be set differenty so the info does not get jumbled up on the tool offset files we save.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't "PIP" come into play somewhere?

I also remember "CNC0:" in there also?

Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking PIP READ-------PIP PUNCH

Yes you are correct.

Edit, PIP, PUNCH, (file Name), WRITE or enter, same difference.

Edit, PIP, READ, TT: WRITE

CNC0 I have not heard of or used. We use CN1: & CN0: on our older OKUMA MC60H 5-Axis Horizontal Mills with the OSP500M-G control and we have an older MC5VA that we only use TT:

As I mentioned before we use TT: on our newer Machines that are MC60HB Horizontal Mills that have the OSPU100M-H controls.

If you do not not what works, keep trying until you find the one that works for how you are wired up.

Good Luck

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

OOPS!

That should have read OSP5000M-G, not 500.

Downloads
    Uploads

For the older machines
    many were set to a default TT: if you did not specify the port that the data was intended to go to
    TT, is a paper tape reader
    CN0: is the primary RS232 port
    The default can be set to CN0: by using the installation setup disks

so if you say <PIP> <READ> <WRITE> you are asking the machine to accept data thru the default port
    but
    if you say <PIP> <READ> CN0: <WRITE> you are asking the machine to accept data thru the RS232 port, no matter what is set as the default

The manual should show that commas can be used, but is not explained properly

<PIP> <READ> CN0:,[filename.MIN] <WRITE> ( note the comma before the filename after CN0: )
    this tells the control to accept the data and rename it to that filename
    the 1st line in the program is used to define the programs name---it is optional , it must begin with a $ and must end with a %

If reading into the control using <PIP> <READ> <WRITE> , the 1st line name is given to the file, if omitted then A.MIN is the name given to it.

.MIN is the default extension and it can also be omitted

Downloads
    Uploads

generally saying, Mr.Superman is right. There are more important details, however. Serial communication is simple, when You understand it.
    The default can be set to CN0: by using the installation setup disks
    Had never tried to set that way. It's in the parameters. Pay attention: there are different settings for reception and transmission ... ehm ... I mean different port settings for file send and for receive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. I have the manuals you need for the U control that will help you with all the things you need in this area. Let me know an e-mail and i will get them to you. They are in Adobe pdf format.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCZILLA View Post
    Hello. I have the manuals you need for the U control that will help you with all the things you need in this area. Let me know an e-mail and i will get them to you. They are in Adobe pdf format.
    Hi CNCZILLA

I need manuals of Okuma U control and OGL. Please send me PDF. Thanks. 5272626@gmail.com