Recently visited Novakonís office in Markham to repair my unit and checked out the new NM-200 Ver. 2.1 while I was there.
Iím envious. The newest version might be better called version 3, as it appears to a major improvement.
1. New AC powered programmable sinusoidal stepper drivers.
2. Monster 2 HP AC spindle drive motor maintains high torque down to 200rpm. (See picture)
3. 3 phase commercial VFD spindle driver.
4. Modular connections simplifying replacement and repair. (see picture).
Note new, mounting panels, wiring blocks and a significant reduction in wires and plug in connectors.
The latter is significant to me as I have experienced 2 frustrating loose wires in connectors which were an absolute b**ch to track down. Required removing the entire rear panel twice and having Novakon check it out. Of course it worked perfectly at their place until the connectors were jogged just the right or wrong way and the problem identified. Kudos to Novakon for their patience in diagnosing the issues.
5. No longer are any boards piggybacked.
6. Heat treated casting maintaining calibration standards.
Took some time to examine the table.
Visually, looks well ground.
Measured left to right, middle, front to back and impressively it was within 0.0005Ē.
7. Novakon own design, modular break out board for the better maintainability.
8. Anyone for a motor upgrade?
John Gamble (Lost password & required new name)