I had a look at the CNC lathe Novakon has "in development". I was wondering what people thought of it.
For me there are a few issues:
1) No indication of the spindle mount, but it doesn't seem to be a D1-3 or D1-4. Anything else would be a deal killer for me.
2) It's unclear how you'd mount a drill chuck on the toolpost. The tailstock extension is too short for any meaningfull drilling.
3) The three videos are all turning ops. I'd want to see drilling and threading.
4) No indication of and chucks being supplied with the lathe, nor a steady rest.
5) Doesn't state how the spindle is driven. I'm assuming direct servo.
6) Indications of tolerance/repeatability missing.
when i was down at there shop i looked at the 150
the chuck is bolt on to spindel face
to use drills in tool changer you would need a drill socket with side bar to
clamp in changer tool holder the tool changer spins in one direction then to lock it turns slightly in rev to lock so would wounder if it would stay locked if drilling pressure could spin it
repeat ability is from what i was told close to the nm 200 v 2
as for the rest im not shure