It could be a piece of swarf between the non-bearing section of the saddle & table (if that makes any sense). Comparing the inverted saddle in the picture here:
With the base here:
You can see the part that is lubricated & that the saddle rides on, as well as the higher (height-wise) section that doesn't support the table but where there's very little clearance between the saddle & base.
In any case, whatever the problem is you're probably going to have to take the table & saddle off to fix it. You don't want to leave it if it's damaging the ways!
It's not that big of a deal to remove the table & saddle, thankfully. I've had mine off & on 4 or 5 times now. With the proper tools around it takes about an hour or so (plus the time to do whatever job prompted your removal of the table). Here's the (rough) outline of the procedure from memory:
1. Remove the front & rear way covers by removing the screws against the column and the screws holding the mounting plate on the front, and then removing the screws against the saddle from under the covers (alternatively you can wait till the table is off to take these out). I have my way covers sealed with double sided tape because I was worried about swarf getting in, so it takes me a few minutes to separate the parts. It should be quick for you though.
2. Remove the cover plate over the X axis stepper. I think there are 3 or 4 screws holding it in place.
3. Remove the X axis stepper- 4 bolts & 1 screw in the motor coupling that you can see here:
4. Remove the bunch of screws that mounts the X gib. Use a screwdriver or similar to push the gib slightly out of one end. Then you can grab it and pull it right out, like so:
5. Disconnect the bearing mounts from the table. There's one mount on each end of the table. They're attached by 2 hex cap bolts & 2 alignment dowels. The bolts are simple. The dowels, on the other hand, give you 2 options: Originally I slowly raised the table and use a pry bar to separate the bearing mount from the table, but it was tedious. Then I realized that the dowels are tapped for a screw. I can't remember the exact size, BUT, cap screws used in various places on the mill have the same thread (I believe the ones that hold the cover on over the motor is one example). At any rate, I had bought some known-grade bolts of various sizes for the mill and used a 10.9 one to screw into each dowel and carefully get it to turn, lightly tapping on the head of the bolt if it seemed to be jammed to jar the dowel pin loose. They all started to turn fairly easily, and once they turn they can usually be turned & pulled out at the same time. Alternatively it would be easy to make a little puller to do the same job, or if you had some threaded rods/crap bolts to screw in to each of them you could probably grab them with visegrips and pull them straight out. In any case, if you decide to slowly raise & ply MAKE SURE you take the dowels out before you reassemble, as you won't get them lined up while lowering the table. Here's the holes for the bolts & pins in the bottom of the table:
And here's a bearing mount:
6. Use some chain & some T-nuts & bolts screwed down until they jam to lift the table off with a crane or hoist above the table. The table tilts up from the front. It lifts like this:
7. Remove the X ballscrew from the saddle after first removing the oil line to the ballnut. Then disconnect the main oil supply line from the saddle.
8. Remove the Y axis motor & mount. It's just bolted down. Then unbolt the bearing mounts from the base. You can see where they bolt to here:
9. Remove the Y gib as you did the X, making sure to remove the gib before lifting the saddle.
10. I ran some straps around the whole saddle and lifted it with them. It's heavier than it looks! Just don't get something caught in the ballscrew.
11. Have a beer.
It goes together in the reverse order, and it's usually faster than taking it apart. As you can see the job is pretty simple. As you're taking it apart whatever the fault is should become pretty obvious.
By the way, if you haven't already now would be a good time to reroute the oil lines to allow the table to fully travel to the right (facing it). See here for more details & a picture.
Hope that helps!