so i did a little cutting. still have the way covers off so i kept it light.
first note: 225ipm rapids on short 1" moves is kinda scary, haha.
i tried a 4 flute coated carbide end mill meant for steel, and a 3 flute uncoated meant for aluminium. the 3 flute seems to have less cutting load at the same feeds (20ipm), but the 4 flute left a smoother finish and not even a hint of a burr at the top of the pocket. i think thats due to the coating.
with a .01" finish pass on the sides and bottom it also was a very accurate pocket. more accurate than my calipers i think which read 1.0000" dead in both directions.
i also ran a 1.75" flycutter to give me a quicky indication of tram. i got nice concentic circles on both sides, in both axes. not bad id say. and thats a good thing cause this machine doesnt really have an easy ways to tram if iot was out. youd have to de-bondo the column from the base and shim it.
in the picture only the pocket is cut on the 145. the block was a scrapped spindle mount for my router so it was already machined.