Just received the NM-145 yesterday, its already up and running. Some thoughts:
-It made it in one piece shipped from Canada to the USA.. which is a small miracle in itself.
- the machine is heavy... i configured it with every option including the built in computer ( great idea ) but its a 2 person to move it around a few inches, forklift to move it any further machine.
- This is a true turnkey machine. I received no instructions, no manuals, and a few screws seem to be missing from the catch trays, but the computer was loaded with Mach 3 and tuned, visual mill installed, and literally all i had to do was hook up a few hoses, plug it in and load some g-code... and everything worked. pretty impressive.
now for the not so good-
no instructions... not even for the simple setup stuff.. that would of been nice.
i have a few leaks going on.. one from the cooling hose connection that goes from the rubber hose to the hard bendy flow valve.
- a much bigger and problematic leak that seems to be happening internally, in a cavity that you cannot get to, that i assume is happening under the machine xy table to the base that leaks out one of the bolt holes on the feet. this is gonna be a pain in the ass to fix, as i have no idea where it even is leaking from.
- the machine is solid.. but you can tell its not a german machine, but nor is it priced like one. overall its of average cosmetic quality, looks really great from afar but up close you can tell the shortcuts. The thin flashing used to cosmetically block off the top shaft rattles like crazy when the machine is cutting ( i put some rubber grommets behind the bolts that seems to have helped ) and the bolt holes for the splash guards do not line up very nice.
- the vice i ordered from them with the table sucks.. will buy a new one.
no after hours support.. we ran into the bolts missing problem and called a few times to them and no answer.. i guess we will need to wait till monday.
no free magazines that they say they give you.. this is a small thing, but since they make a big deal of it on the order page, it would of been nice to get it.
those negative thing aside.. i am extremely happy so far. the machine works right out of the box, and it seems to work very well. I would definitely buy another... even though its only been a day.