Backlash

Thread: Backlash

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Backlash

I have an issue with my y axis that I am waiting on parts for that is causing excessive backlash. I have a huge order that I have to get some parts cut for that are not tight tollerances. Can I just use the backlash compensation in Mach? Anything I have to look out for?

Thanks - Keith

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Backlash

Keith,
    Wait for the parts, backlash compensation sounds great but in reality it kind of works, but fixing the cause for backlash is the right solution. Especially if you have a large order, you don't want that stuff all screwed up.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Backlash

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Keith,
    Wait for the parts, backlash compensation sounds great but in reality it kind of works, but fixing the cause for backlash is the right solution. Especially if you have a large order, you don't want that stuff all screwed up.

Russ
    I think it "kind of works" in Pathpilot as well, I cut some hexagonal parts with backlash set and it didnt seem to help, the flats when measured still are off by a thou or two. It does work when probing, maybe because the moves are in the X or Y directions only (no diagonals).

mike sr