New Power Drawbar. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Power Drawbar.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Power Drawbar.

I can't recall my original configuration.

My current one uses 12 bellevills each with 0.016in of travel.

When stacked like this ((( you only add the force (eg 1000+1000+1000)

When Stacked like this () you add the travel together not the force (so 0.016+0.016)

Mine are stacked like this ((()))((())) so it's travel is 4x 0.016 = 0.064 and the force is 3x 1070lbs.

I hope that makes sense.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Between your explanation and some extra research I think I now see how the Belleville washer calculations work.

So if I understand correctly, the original Pulsar washer stack of ))(())(())(())(())(( has ten series with each series having two in parallel. This would give a travel of ten times and a force of twice that of a single washer.

I checked on Novokons website and they want $2.00 per washer and they note that a complete set is 20 washers. Of course there is no way of knowing which washers Novokon used, and so no way of knowing the travel and force.

In actual use you would compress the washer stack by some amount to give an adequate spring pressure, yet still leave enough room to squeeze the washer stack further to release the tool?

Does your setup, or for that matter the original Pulsar setup, mean you can only use TTS tools or can you remove enough stuff to enable occasional R8 tooling?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's pretty easy to unscrew the drawbar from the R8 collet and screw in any other R8 tooling. It takes about 30secs.

The bellevilles I used were from Mcmaster. these ones: https://www.mcmaster.com/#9712K435

If I didn't have to fit them inside the spindle (max diameter of about 1"), then there are many more choices at mcmaster.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brianbonedoc View Post
    It's pretty easy to unscrew the drawbar from the R8 collet and screw in any other R8 tooling. It takes about 30secs.
    I agree without having to remove the Lever Draw Bar it would take less than a minute to remove the R8 Collet from the drawbar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123