Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot on Novakon

Dont know.. maybe!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there are tools like clonezilla or similar or std Linux did command important is to have same size of disk ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by geidnert View Post
    Hi folks! long time since posting here. I was trying to order a new PathPilot Recovery DVD but my purchase was refunded, seems like they have stopped the possibility to order if you do not have the hardware from them. Anyone have some other information about this or what i can do to get a new copy? I have tried to burn/rip the one i manage to get earlier but it does not boot when finished, might be some copy protection or something? what can i do, any ideas?

/A
    Are you trying to copy the PP DVD or the clone the HD that you installed PP on?

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Copy the PP DVD, i think i might have succeeded, have just tried to boot it in my macbook, and i could se it starting some install program. Guess it will work on a PC based computer as well, its more or less the same hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Interested in giving PP a try on my Novakon Torus. Anyone put together a quick start guide covering what needs to be done to get it up and going?

Thanks!
    Scott...

Instructional Videos for CNC Guitar Building
    http://www.rmgvideos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brianbonedoc View Post
    So I've been using PathPilot for a few weeks. So far so good. No real hiccups that weren't expected or due to the CNC operator (me)

I love how probing works so quickly, gone are the over travels caused by Mach3 buffered movement. Also if the probe trips, it stops motion regardless.

The tool table actually works very well. I just completed a tooling plate - 3/4" MIC-6 aluminum. 1/4x20 holes and 3/8 x 16 holes - all drilled and rigid tapped using PathPilot.

It's flat to about 0.003" across the X travel, and 0.001" in Y.

http://vid1355.photobucket.com/album...ps6mumicwy.mp4
    Brian,

What is the size of your fixture plate is? It looks to be about 20' x 12". Would you make any changes to it if your were making a new one? Making a fixture plate is next on my list after finishing the power draw bar. I am just waiting for the springs to install my PDB.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve it's 24x12 and I actually made a new one I will post the fusion file later. But yes I made a few changes.
    I made the new one 1" thick. Also spaced 1/4" holes and 3/8" holes in same row - so no staggering. I fixed the mounting holes to the table that were off a bit.
    Also I added a slot for vice keys for my kurt 3400 vice.

Here's the new file.
    A360

Downloads
    Uploads

Brian, thanks for the file. This morning, I found a piece of 6061 3/4" x 10" x 30" for $100 at a local shop in their cut off bin. So I guess I'll be making my fixture plate 10" x 24". How do you like your Kurt vice?

Downloads
    Uploads

Steve. Nice. Make sure that piece is really flat. I've hear 6061 sometimes is warped a little so u may have to face it off.

I like the Kurt, is it work $800? Ehh, not really, but choices are limited for a 4" vice and it does open 6" which is nice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I just purchased a Novakon Pulsar from their sale offering. When I bought the unit a few months ago, I was unaware of the possibility of running PathPilot, so I ended up getting the unit with the Novakon supplied computer. I did buy PathPilot though, and I do want to buy a cheap computer and Mesa card to try it out. I read somewhere though that Sandy Bridge chipsets are a problem with PathPilot. Is this actually true? I found a great deal on what would be a good CAD/control computer but it's Sandy Bridge. Will the Mesa 5i25 card and PathPilot definitely not work with it?

I'm also interested in adding a touch probe, likely the nicer Tormach touch probe. Has anyone wired one of these (or something like it) to the Novakon breakout board?

Any information would be great and sorry if any of these questions are duplications.

Downloads
    Uploads

Use the computer you have, just buy a second SSD to install Linux/PP on. The smallest, cheapest SSD you can buy will do the job. If you want to go back to Mach3, just swap the original SSD back in.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK I may do that. I am just curious though if there's boards that PathPilot won't work with.

Does anyone know if Sandy Bridge is a problem? The computer I was looking at would also be used for CAD. That was another reason for the additional computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Use the computer you have, just buy a second SSD to install Linux/PP on. The smallest, cheapest SSD you can buy will do the job. If you want to go back to Mach3, just swap the original SSD back in.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rickjamesbrown View Post
    OK I may do that. I am just curious though if there's boards that PathPilot won't work with.

Does anyone know if Sandy Bridge is a problem? The computer I was looking at would also be used for CAD. That was another reason for the additional computer.
    I had trouble w sandy bridge but others have been fine. Do exactly what ray said and u should be fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brianbonedoc View Post
    I had trouble w sandy bridge but others have been fine. Do exactly what ray said and u should be fine.
    OK, so the computer in the unit itself is a quad core Celeron and it's a "micro itx" form factor with only a pci-e expansion slot. That would mean I need the 6i25 mesa card, correct? Does that one with with all speeds of pci-e? Like x1, x16... etc?

Sorry for all the questions.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is how I had mine setup. PCI-e on the Novakon MB. It worked fine, but eventually, something broke. I did buy another refurb computer and I am using it now with a 5i25 Masa card. I may eventually swap out the motherboards, but for now, the refurb is in its own case. Works fine. Not sure about the speeds settings it was using on the OEM MB. It just worked.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

My NM200 conversion uses a 6i25 in a new computer. In the manual there are jumpers to configure the bus speed, but I didn't need to change anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

I received an email from Tormach announcing V2.0 of PP. The major difference for mills appears to be internet support, something not of interest to me.

Information here: https://www.tormach.com/store/index....49&portrelay=1

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kvom View Post
    I received an email from Tormach announcing V2.0 of PP. The major difference for mills appears to be internet support, something not of interest to me.

Information here: https://www.tormach.com/store/index....49&portrelay=1
    Yeah, I already received my PP 2.0 USB stick. Havent had time to install. I'm on 1.9.12 and they say your machine has to be on 1.9.13 to do the upgrade. So gonna be a bit before I have time.

Scott...

Instructional Videos for CNC Guitar Building
    http://www.rmgvideos.com

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast