PathPilot on Novakon - Page 26

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Thread: PathPilot on Novakon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PathPilot on Novakon

I tried to update but I had an issue after rebooting my screen looked garbled such that you can’t see anything - plugged the old ssd back in with PP 1.9 and all everything booted up fine. My video card is a GeForce 610 which must be the issue. I ordered a new old mobo GA-41 w built in video to see if that fixes things

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PathPilot on Novakon

Quote Originally Posted by brianbonedoc View Post
    I tried to update but I had an issue after rebooting my screen looked garbled such that you can’t see anything - plugged the old ssd back in with PP 1.9 and all everything booted up fine. My video card is a GeForce 610 which must be the issue. I ordered a new old mobo GA-41 w built in video to see if that fixes things
    So the new mobo fires right up w PP 2.0 video working fine. But the old ini and hal files aren’t compatible- so still not up and running. Also left shift-alt doesn’t get you to a desktop. You have to ctrl -shift x to get to terminal prompt. Gnome isn’t installed so you have to install that too. If U type in gnome-panel in the terminal prompt itll tell you what to type in to install gnome.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll stick with what I have and save the $20 and a bunch of time until there's some more useful whizbangs (and Brian works out the bugs).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kvom View Post
    I'll stick with what I have and save the $20 and a bunch of time until there's some more useful whizbangs (and Brian works out the bugs).
    My thoughts precisely. Especially the last part.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I am running PathPilot on a Denford NovaTurn refitted with AC Servos +- 10V control,; Denford Software & Machines ? View topic - NovaTurn Servo retrofit AMD Gizmosphere iBOB2 PCIe x1 Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Ugh. Working on it. . .

Just to update: the left shift + alt key 'should' get you to the desktop. It's written in the operator_login script that way but for some reason I can't get it to work.

you dont have to install gnome, this version of linux has 'mate-panel' installed.
    To get to it you can press crtl-alt-x and type in mate-panel to get to a desktop.

The old hal and ini files from PP 1.xx dont work. It crashes PP and then restarts the computer. I am working on figuring out what is up. It seems a little harder given that the terminal screen doesn't want to show the errors, it just goes to a splash screen and restarts.

Downloads
    Uploads

So quick update. I have been able to get PP 2.0 to run. I can get out of e-stop and when I try to jog any axis, no movement occurs. The DROs move, such that PP thinks its moving, however. I suspect the charge pump isn't activating. My LED #17 and "enable" LED are not lit. One of those is the charge pump I believe.

I am using the same charge pump code from my PP 1.x Hal file, but to no avail. Having only stepgens to work with, it makes it trickier than using pwmgens. But since it was working previously I am not sure what changed in Linuxcnc 2.8 vs the previous PP which used 2.6?

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay.
    The Hardware in Tormach controllers did not change for the upgrade. It didn't on the Pulsar either. So logically it is all software.

You may be able to do a compare with the old Tormach Hal and ini files to see just what has changed if you haven't done that.

That said, I won't be upgrading. The SBL15 and the Pulsar are not broken.
    Good luck with it, Brian. I have faith in you.

Lee

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526