Need help please with china cnc vfd

Thread: Need help please with china cnc vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help please with china cnc vfd

I could really use help with this. I purchased a 6040z from ukdirect, come without manuels or mach cd for set up.
    I believe im getting the run around. I have put the machine together and powered it up I can not get the spindle to turn.
    The run button on the vfd (new black box) does nothing, the vfd when turned on say d3500 blinks a little then switches
    to 0.00 is this normal? Sorry for the vauge write up but im getting frustrated with this machine.I forgot
    to mention the vfd is a nowforever.Did I make a mistake buying this.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Topbow421; 01-23-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help please with china cnc vfd

There is not much detail here. I suggest that you put the make model number into a google search and into a search here and see what you get.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Topbow421 View Post
    I could really use help with this. I purchased a 6040z from ukdirect, come without manuels or mach cd for set up.
    I believe im getting the run around. I have put the machine together and powered it up I can not get the spindle to turn.
    The run button on the vfd (new black box) does nothing, the vfd when turned on say d3500 blinks a little then switches
    to 0.00 is this normal? Sorry for the vauge write up but im getting frustrated with this machine.I forgot
    to mention the vfd is a nowforever.Did I make a mistake buying this.
    Thanks in advance
    Matt
    Hi Did you get this worked out?
    I just got a 6040z from china today, and i have exactly the same problem - blinks d3500, then goes to 0.00. Hitting run doesn't make the spindle go, and have no idea what to do to make it spin, as no manuals came with it

I have contacted the blokes i bought it from for advice, but its the weekend so wont hear back till monday.

Any insight from folks would be awesome so i can get CNCing this weekend! :-)

Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

more details:

The VFD model is D100S1R5B 1PH AC110V 50/60Hz Output 15.0A from Shenzhen NOWFOREVER Electronics Technology Co., LTD
    The spindle is a GDZ-80-1.5 400Hz 24000RPM 1.5KW Water Cooled.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Download the manual as a rar file at this link. D100S1R5B.rar is in English.

CncFiles ? ?????????? ???????? ???????!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dmannock View Post
    Download the manual as a rar file at this link. D100S1R5B.rar is in English.

CncFiles ? ?????????? ???????? ???????!
    Thanks. I also found a manual for the E100 Which appears to have a similar operating system (for lack of a better term)

I just don't know if my VFD was shipped to me incorrectly setup, or if its not working. There seems to be many P and D settings and i have no idea which one is correct and dont wanna guess a im scared of i ruining something.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the correct settings for these things? The spindle is 1.5Kw, 400Hz, 110V 24000RPM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are not the frst person to have trouble with this VFD.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...00-series.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

K, There are many pages in the CNCzone forum on these routers, especially WRT the VFDs. Search for Nowforever and they'll pop up. I looked at that manual. It seems that the first page suggests it is for the D100, but inside it says E100. There are sections 3-5 about wiring config and setting the d,p parameters. Also trouble shooting alarms. Have a go! lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

K, There are many pages in the CNCzone forum on these routers, especially WRT the VFDs. Search for Nowforever and they'll pop up. I looked at that manual. It seems that the first page suggests it is for the D100, but inside it says E100. There are sections 3-5 about wiring config and setting the d,p parameters. Also trouble shooting alarms. Have a go! lol
    So i have gotten as far as going through all P and D function settings on my unit, noting them down and comparing them as best as possible to default listed in the manual, and making some judgement on if a setting appears correct based on the description in the manual. Unfortunately the manual which i'm looking at stops describing P0 function settings at P0-102, yet there are settings up to P0-110 on my unit

My best guess is that the folks who i bought it from didn't program it correctly/completely, and they just need to send me the info on how each one should be set, so i can check against it and finish the setup.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this what you are looking for? It was on one of the lists using your VFD name 'Nowforever' as suggested. There is more on the forum. From what I have been reading this machine configuration has wiring, grounding, set up, fuse, VFD/spindle compatibility problems. Expect power problems and eratic axis and spindle issues because of poor QC. Bear in mind that people, big cos too, strip all of the wiring and electronics and replace everything with UL/CSA marked wire, cable and parts. Here's your link to all the P values.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...0&d=1413496977

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in the process of returning this item. The seller is being less than cooperative and I have enlisted help from e-bay with the return, I did attempt to 'google' the controller issue but did not find anything helpful. The machine itself was more than satisfactory - the issue seems to be with the controller, and although I believe the price of the machine was good, it was not good enough for me tojustify spend another $500 or so on a replacement controller.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am in the process of returning this item. The seller is being less than cooperative and I have enlisted help from e-bay with the return, I did attempt to 'google' the controller issue but did not find anything helpful. The machine itself was more than satisfactory - the issue seems to be with the controller, and although I believe the price of the machine was good, it was not good enough for me tojustify spend another $500 or so on a replacement controller.
    I actually sorted out my controller, after a couple of days of internet reading and helpful hits from cnczone and all over the place. Finding the manual really helped!

So I went through all my P and D settings and compared against the defaults that someone else listed here: cnc 6040z-s80 manuel : Fraiseuses CNC industrielles de type portique - Usinages (click on the "Configuration du VFD originale" link)

Then i went through the manual and noted everything on my settings that wasnt the factory setting, wasnt default or seemed odd. P0-000 was good, P0-001 was good, but P0-002 was different from what was default on the french dudes spreadsheet, and different from factory.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_L...BBdEZ3T0k/edit

So i decided to test the factory setting P0-002 = "0" (page 29 on the manual - it refers to the main frequency source selection) and WHALA!! the unit popped up with what i expected, a frequency reading on the display. I hit run and it worked - the pot turns the spindle faster or slower.

So this is to control the thing via the VFD control pad. My guess is P0-002 or P0-003 need to be set differently (among others) if you want MACH3 to control the spindle.(and you would need the controller to also be wired up correctly, mine is USB based, and i do have AIN on the VFD wired in, so suspect i could get it working like this too if i cared)

TL;DR - Check your P0-002 setting and try setting it to "0" (The manual explains changing function settings on page 21 - "4.1.1 Key function description" and gives and example on page 25 - "4.2.2 Function codes setting")

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this what you are looking for? It was on one of the lists using your VFD name 'Nowforever' as suggested. There is more on the forum. From what I have been reading this machine configuration has wiring, grounding, set up, fuse, VFD/spindle compatibility problems. Expect power problems and eratic axis and spindle issues because of poor QC. Bear in mind that people, big cos too, strip all of the wiring and electronics and replace everything with UL/CSA marked wire, cable and parts. Here's your link to all the P values.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...0&d=1413496977
    ha! yep that was what i was looking for, thanks a bunch. I did get it fixed up already using the info in my last post, but i dare say this would have helped me get there too if i hadn't found the other info. Thats awesome. Much appreciated!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

interesting tho. The settings in the nowforever.doc are different again from the ones i got from the french dude, and also different from the e100 manual.

It appears as tho my VFD was setup properly for MACH3 spindle control, but couldn't work out how to make my MACH3 do that, so now just have it operating independently from mach 3 (which i'm fine with as a complete CNC novice)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to focus less on the quick fix and more on using search terms here to find what you need to help you. Using 'Newforever' in a search will get you to the Mach3 codes for this machine. Also try a search using the name of the CNC unit that you bought. Many people have resolved these issues here and that should give you a better starting point with Mach3. This CNC router has been around for a while, so the reverse engineering to get the machine running under Mach3 has been done and there is a lot of info here to help you get setup. Be prepared to think outside the box to find that info. Also, if you started reading the above links from the suggested search, you will find a comment that these VFDs are very similar to those under the GE brand. See if you can identify the GE model and post the info here in the forum.

Overall, you will find that the spindle is too powerful for the VFD and you may have problems cutting hard materials at high rpm where the motor current increases. If the fuses keep blowing I suggest you a). take lighter cuts, b). find a slightly larger amperage slow blow fuse, or c). see if your VFD has a soft start feature where the start up current is limited. What you lose in outright power will be gained in reliability when cutting. Most machines go through a dry run at the factory, but no test cut is performed. You may find that you will need a good digital MM to monitor the current, and potentially a PC based oscilloscope for more advanced diagnostics. Look on the web for these torrents if you must. There are now Apps for that. Get probes and leads with alligator clips as well online. A systematic, pedantic approach with notes saved in a WPS office (free) doc or spread sheet will help your logical approach and enable you to save initial and optimized configurations for later referral. Hope that helps you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to focus less on the quick fix and more on using search terms here to find what you need to help you. Using 'Newforever' in a search will get you to the Mach3 codes for this machine. Also try a search using the name of the CNC unit that you bought. Many people have resolved these issues here and that should give you a better starting point with Mach3. This CNC router has been around for a while, so the reverse engineering to get the machine running under Mach3 has been done and there is a lot of info here to help you get setup. Be prepared to think outside the box to find that info. Also, if you started reading the above links from the suggested search, you will find a comment that these VFDs are very similar to those under the GE brand. See if you can identify the GE model and post the info here in the forum.
    I assume this was meant for the guy returning his? As mentioned i already located the manual and the default settings before you posted them, and I can't imagine what about my responses regarding opening my box to find the brand and model, searching the internet for 2 days, taking down all 120+ settings from my VFD and comparing to defaults others have posted, and reading the manual back to back would indicate i was looking for a quick fix, so will guess the answer to my initial question at the start of this response to be "Yes" :-)

by the way, should i also assume your mentioning "Newforever" as a search term was a typo? I know you know its nOwforever :-) - Yep had searched for Nowforever, thats how i located the answers, and also saw the reference to the GE brand. When im ready to have mach3 control my spindle. Ill certainly know where to look.

Overall, you will find that the spindle is too powerful for the VFD and you may have problems cutting hard materials at high rpm where the motor current increases. If the fuses keep blowing I suggest you a). take lighter cuts, b). find a slightly larger amperage slow blow fuse, or c). see if your VFD has a soft start feature where the start up current is limited. What you lose in outright power will be gained in reliability when cutting. Most machines go through a dry run at the factory, but no test cut is performed. You may find that you will need a good digital MM to monitor the current, and potentially a PC based oscilloscope for more advanced diagnostics. Look on the web for these torrents if you must. There are now Apps for that. Get probes and leads with alligator clips as well online. A systematic, pedantic approach with notes saved in a WPS office (free) doc or spread sheet will help your logical approach and enable you to save initial and optimized configurations for later referral. Hope that helps you.
    This is good info. Thanks. The VFD does seem to have features/settings relative to how much current is used on startup (i remember reading in the manual last night). So might be able to go down that path if i find i am blowing fuses. I do intend to cut aluminum with this, so will see how i go. Thanks again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have contacted ebay on my behalf to return this machine. Which is boxed up to be sent back.Ive spent numerous hours trying to get this to work.Niether the spindle nor the X Y axis will move and to make things worse when the seller tried to help with manuels and software, It was all in Chinese. Really.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have contacted ebay on my behalf to return this machine. Which is boxed up to be sent back.Ive spent numerous hours trying to get this to work.Niether the spindle nor the X Y axis will move and to make things worse when the seller tried to help with manuels and software, It was all in Chinese. Really.
    if its the USB version, you need to make sure windows (if thats what you are using) has the right driver, and then you need to load some files into Mach3 in order for the thing to work. I got mine working ok. There is good info below, but might not fix your problem. I got ZERO manual, software, instruction or documentation with mine and spend hours and hours working it out for myself. Im pretty sure im almost there now :-)
    Good luck with the return.

In an effort to consolidate all of the 6040 and 6040z threads please post here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open-s...ml#post1790768