MBIO Peripherial Controller
(MODBUS I/O Controller for Mach3)
MBIO Controller is a standard peripherial card with MODBUS (Slave) communication. It provides output- and input extension first of all for Mach3. Its connection is carried out through an RS232C connector or by the means of a special converter through the USB port. With its help the service of controls and remote controls, which do not need extreme precise timing, can be substantially expanded. To perform such tasks it is not necessary to use the fast LPT, which does not have many ports. By its use control tasks like those in case of PLC can be performed. The ports of MBIO and port-bits and internal registers of Mach3 can be assigned by the means of a graphic editor. The peripherials will be handled based upon logical conditions determined by the editor. The setup and the way and logic of handling of a given peripherial can be saved and even a collection of peripherial handling routines can be established, which can be added to the system or can be removed from the system one by one. Such a collection can even be exported to other CNC machines as well. All this can be handled directly with Mach. This is a totally professional device, inpedendent from the motor control, this is an independent I/O controller.
Main technical specifications of MBIO:
- ability to receive 8 input switches/push-buttons (it can directly receive mechanical push-buttons).
- 8 relay outputs, with maximum load of 230V AC, 3A.
- 2 analogue inputs, receive voltage of 0-5V or potentiometers/thermistors of 1k-4k7.
- 1 MPG (receive of a 2-phase asymmetric encoder of incrementing type.
- 1 PWM output (5kHz, 0-11690 steps, open collector type output with maximum load of 30V, 200mA).
- 2 16-bit counters, with clear inputs.
- 1 UTP connector for remote control console.
- All of the I/O-s are equipped with LED indicators.
- Integrated switching power supply unit.
- RS232C serial connection (USB can also be used together with a converter).
- Firmware upgrade through ICP.
- Partially SMD-mounted PCB.
Please visit: http://www.hobbycnc.hu