CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.

Page 1 of 23 1234 11 ... LastLast

Thread: CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.

Now on sale, a new linear motion system from www.cncrouterparts.com! These unique components turn a standard 1/4" thick steel rail into a linear rail. No angled mounting or fussing with alignment of gas pipe -- just bolt a piece of steel to your extrusion, and use these for square, rigid, trouble-free motion. Pre-load the bearings using the integrated nylon set screws and the t-slots on the extrusion.

Cost wise, these are designed to be very competitive -- everything you need, aside from the rail itself, is included in the price. No eccentric bushings, and no custom machining. Mount these straight to 8020 as an integrated part of your frame. A complete linear motion solution for your machine can be had for as little as $120, plus the price of low cost steel rails. Want greater stiffness? Just add more carriages to spread the load -- they're completely modular.

Like all the parts we sell, these are designed to work with 8020 15 series aluminum extrusion, forming an integrated system with the other parts sold on the site.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1230-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1231-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1236-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1237-jpg  

CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1239-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1240-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-img_1242-jpg   CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-crp100-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1/4" thick steel rail into a linear rail

"These unique components turn a standard 1/4" thick steel rail into a linear rail."

These look very promising. Could we please have some overall sizes? I am suprised that this is the first post on this new item.

Thanks

Don

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Dimensions

Sure! Here's a pdf file of the dimensions. I also have a .STP file for use in 3-D modeling, but CNCzone doesn't support that format -- let me know if you want it. I'll try and create a Google Sketchup file for it as well, since I know a lot of people are designing in that.

Thanks for your interest!

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNCRouterParts -- New linear motion system for use with 8020 extrusion.-cncrouterparts-dimensions-pdf  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been playing with a set of these carriages on my 2'x4' 80/20 CNC router build. I'll to post pictures once it's finished. So far I'm very happy with the system! Once you get it tuned up the motion is very smooth and has very high tolerances. I think for the money it's got to be a top contender for linear motion on mid-large CNC routers. Ahren really should be charging more for these things!

-Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,
    I'm glad the system is working out for you! As you're one of the first to use it, I'd love to see more about how you set your machine up. I know you had some good feedback about how to clamp the carriages to keep them square during setup, and a good system for accurately drilling holes in the CRS for mounting it. I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to your project log!

Best regards,

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    ..... Ahren really should be charging more for these things!

-Jim
    Ahren raised his prices. -> Thanks Jim !

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Prices...

Hi All,
    Prices haven't officially "gone up" yet -- I just wanted to show the regular price (as opposed to the sale price) of the items while I'm away on vacation for those with longer-term budgetary plans. The linear carriages have only been up on the site for a week or so, so you can expect a least a few more weeks of introductory pricing once the store re-opens mid January. So the long and the short of it is, it isn't Jim's fault .

Happy New Year Everyone!

Ahren

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good work ahern,

I have bookmarked your site as I be starting a new build late Jan of a larger unit.

Sean in Aus

Downloads
    Uploads

All,
    I'm back from vacation, and the online store is back online. Those of you waiting to order parts, thanks for your patience! Also, for those wondering, introductory pricing on the linear motion products will be good through Feb 25th.

Best regards,

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice, I am gonna check into the 1/4 steel and try a complete set of these on my new homebuilt.
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Great! I'd love to see pictures of your machine, and I'm sure others would too. FYI, I added some steel companies to my links page. It looks like www.discountsteel.com is one of the cheaper places for material, but I'm sure it depends heavily on shipping.

Ahren
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Sketchup Files Now Available!

I have updated the CAD file section of my website. PDF files are available for 2D drawings of all cncrouterparts.com parts, as well as .STP and .SKP (Google SketchUp!) for 3D modelling. Hope this helps out those of you working on designs!

Best regards,

Ahren Johnson
    www.cncrouterparts.com

Page 1 of 23 1234 11 ... LastLast