The MicroMill - Product Launch!

Thread: The MicroMill - Product Launch!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool The MicroMill - Product Launch!

Hello everyone, my name is Josh and I thought I'd come on here to quickly share a project my team and I have been working on that I hope will be of both interest and benefit to the members of this forum!

Launching on Kickstarter very soon, The MicroMill is a 3-axis CNC milling machine for your desktop. We think its a fantastic low price alternative to other mills on the market - we achieved our aim of providing power and precision but at a price we think designers, makers and small businesses everywhere are going to find much more agreeable.

The MicroMill came about because we had a problem - we wanted to create a TINY rack and pinion for another project we were working on, but the 3D printed parts weren't strong or accurate enough, and the quotes from machinists were laughably enormous. We looked at the CNC machines on the market and they were just far too expensive to see a realistic return on investment so early on in our startup journey. The solution? Develop the MicroMill.

If you're looking to prototype your own circuit boards, create robust enclosures or even just fabricate precise functional parts on your desktop, we really feel The MicroMill has you covered. It'll machine almost all materials that are softer than steel, has a resolution of 0.0125mm and doesn't tie you in to any proprietary software!

We're launching at an early bird price of £649+VAT (for EU/UK, but you do get free shipping!). This works out to approximately $810usd + $31 for international shipping. Its fully assembled and ready to run out the box - we even provide a 'starter pack' of cutters and materials so you can get going right away.

Any questions/queries/comments - please head over to www.RP3d.co.uk and don't forget to sign up so you get notified as soon as the early bird units become available!

We're also on Instagram as: the_micromill