Hi all,

Longtime forum member but mostly a lurker. I began hobby building custom cnc's for clients of my woodshop in 2008 under the name of Bear CNC. Work that eventually morphed to full time positions operating industrial sized CNC machines for local manufactures. This new role sort of killed my own shop efforts temporarily, but I've managed to keep at it by building personal 3D printers and assorted automated doo dads here and there whenever possible. Having watched the progressive explosion of the DIY, open source, maker movement it only makes me more of a fan of building stuff and anxious to contribute to it all if possible. So here goes:

Let me start by blatantly praising others and say, that any new user looking to dive into building their own cnc machine, should look at these folks' kits first!.

- CNC Router Parts
- Rout-a-kit llc
- Open Builds [ and all of the great minds and wonderful contributors to their community of different builds]
- Inventables

There are others worthy of course, but these four remain personal standouts for their commitment to offering quality products and backing it all up with top notch community support. IMPO you can't go wrong with any of these suppliers for your DIY needs.

On to the personal plug....

I've been hard at work the past few years developing a new BearCNC machine design and feel it is finally ready to offer out. Our website is still in "rebuild" status, but there remains a loose, yet progressive build history with lots of pictures for all recent work on https://www.facebook.com/Bear-CNC-235617154692/.

The goal behind our new frame is to marry an easy to setup and maintain CNC like the above mentioned kits with the industrial capability of machines used daily at work. Our past builds have fallen far short of what is found on those larger machines and I can also see where other affordable machine kits are less than able to "push the envelope" when a specific job demands it.

Saying that, the v5 design has been built from the point of view that mass = ass, or, a heavy duty frame will do heavy duty work. Please take a look at the recent build effort of Bear CNC whenever you can. There will be a lot more posted here on this project as it progresses.

Thx for your time,

MC

Bear v5 mechanical frame-20170312_165303-jpg