Comparison of LulzBot AO-100, MakerBot Replicator, Uprint SE Plus (video)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of LulzBot AO-100, MakerBot Replicator, Uprint SE Plus (video)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Comparison of LulzBot AO-100, MakerBot Replicator, Uprint SE Plus (video)

Nov.19, 2012

andrewupandabout made a comparisons of the MakerBot Replicator, LulzBot AO-100 3D printer and the Uprint SE Plus in the video below.

I detail the differences of platform configurations, consistency of successful 3D prints, the differences in prices, nozzle sizes, 3D support material, and other 3D printing related information. I hope this video satisfies inquires about the LulzBot AO-100 versus the MakerBot Replicator and possibly show off some technology not see before for some viewers.
    For more information from this review, please visit the following link.

3ders.org - Comparison of LulzBot AO-100, MakerBot Replicator, Uprint SE Plus (video) | 3D Printing news

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537
    Home | LulzBot

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Jonlulz; 12-03-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added youtube link to video

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is a good video... most notably I would like to get some feedback on the build speed and accuracy of the Lulzbot versus the Stratasys machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by twp View Post
    This is a good video... most notably I would like to get some feedback on the build speed and accuracy of the Lulzbot versus the Stratasys machine.
    Hi twp,

Below you will find a link with a video and brief review from one of our clients who uses the LulzBot AO-100 to create custom electronics enclosures. He has created a time lapse video which may be of interest to you.

3D Printing a Custom Enclosure | Twin Dolphin Timing Systems

The LulzBot AO-100 has a max print speed of 200mm/sec.

As a general rule of thumb - The higher the resolution (100-75 micron layer height) the part is, the longer it will take to print (because the printer has to lay down more layers). The lower the resolution (500-250 micron layer height) the part is, the faster it will print (because the printer does not have to lay down as many layers).

Print time is also dependent upon custom settings when using Slic3r. For Ex: you can set an objects infill rate to be 100% or less. If you are printing at an infill rate of 100% the print may take a bit longer than an object with a 75% or 50% infill rate. You can also set the print speed for the infill rate in Slic3r prior to generating your gcode file.

Another thing to keep in mind is the price difference between the LulzBot AO-100 and Stratysis. Our printer is $1,725.00 whereas Stratysis printers start out around $20,000.00+

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is your new printer.. the A101 going to have over your current A100 ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is your new printer.. the A101 going to have over your current A100 ?
    Hi twp,

The AO-101 is basically an upgraded version of the AO-100.

The AO-101 has an all in one PCBA, whereas the AO-100 has daughter boards. The AO-101 electronics are also fully contained in a full electronics enclosure, whereas the electronics are not fully enclosed on the AO-100. The AO-101 also has an updated power supply, updated X-Clamp to improve print quality (this part can be printed on the AO-100 to upgrade the AO-100), updated filament spool accessory, updated pulleys, and Y belt tightner. The AO-101 heatbed heats up faster and is now capable of operating at 120 degree's celcius, the aluminum bed plate is now solid on the AO-101, The wiring is cleaner to make the system more aesthetically pleasing. The AO-101 comes with fewer tools. The AO-101 ships in 1 box instead of 2. The AO-101 uses PET sheets instead of strips of PET tape like on the AO-100. The AO-101 has an upgraded user manual, upgraded software and upgraded firmware. The AO-101 will retail for $1,995.00 whereas the AO-100 retails for $1,725.00

The AO-100 and AO-101 are both manufactured in an ISO9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 certified manufacturing facility.

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you very much for all of this information!!!

can you let me know what the roadmap for next year of products look like? will there be more models coming out with new capabilities/bigger build platform, etc.?

I am going to be buying a few printers sometime around second quarter 2013 and I want to know what is coming out so I can make an informed purchase decision.

thank you very much!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

btw.. do you have any pictures or videos on the new A0-101 ? and when will this new model be ready for shipment?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you very much for all of this information!!!

can you let me know what the roadmap for next year of products look like? will there be more models coming out with new capabilities/bigger build platform, etc.?

I am going to be buying a few printers sometime around second quarter 2013 and I want to know what is coming out so I can make an informed purchase decision.

thank you very much!
    Hi twp,

We have another printer in development that has a larger X, Y, and Z build area, however we do not have an estimated release date at this time as it is still in development.

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you provide some details on the build size of this new printer?

will it have dual extrusion heads and support material?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

could you provide some details on the build size of this new printer?

will it have dual extrusion heads and support material?
    Hi twp,

The printer that is in development is the LulzBot TK-O and it will have a build area of 300mm x 300mm y and 225mm z For more information on the development of the TK-O you can visit our devel site at the following link: http://devel.lulzbot.com/TK-0/README.html

Note for future referrence: If the above link is ever broken, please message me. We tend to move things around on our devel site and the link may become broken.

All of our printers are dual extruder capable, however we sell them as single extruder systems. It is up to the end user to upgrade the system's to meet their particular requirements at this point in time if they wish to utilize the dual extrusion capabilities of our printers. You could use support material in a dual extrusion set up. Additionally, you can use Slic3r to generate supports for your single extrusion builds, however these supports will be built with the same plastic as the object you are printing, and the supports would need to be cut away from the object.

Our CEO set up one of our AO-100's to utilize dual extrusion. To view the dual extrusion setup, please click the link below.

Aleph Objects, Inc.

Also, you requested information on the AO-101. Here is a picture of the new AO-101. Again, this link is on our devel site so it may become broken at some point in the future. If the link becomes broken please message me so I can update the link.

http://devel.lulzbot.com/AO-101/docu...200/ao-101.jpg

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

btw.. do you have any pictures or videos on the new A0-101 ? and when will this new model be ready for shipment?
    Hi twp,

Here is a link to several detailed pictures of the AO-101.
    Index of /AO-101/documentation/current/source/images-1600x1200
    I expect this printer to be ready to ship by January 2013. It will retail for $1,995.00.

Currently we are stocking our warehouses with this printer prior to releasing it on our website. We do not take back orders, so if something is purchaseable on our website at Home | LulzBot and not showing as out of stock, it is ready to ship within 1 business day.

Note: Links on our devel site may become broken as we tend to move things around. if this link ever becomes broken, please message me so I can update the link.

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

looks good...

I will be ready to buy once you have dual extrusion come preassembled and ready to go... the larger TK printer looks very nice..

Downloads
    Uploads

Just got mine looks good so far!

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin View Post
    Just got mine looks good so far!
    Paul,
    I look forward to your feedback!

btw.. I just saw in your signature that you run this site and RFQwork.... both great sites.. thank you very much for running these sites :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

looks good...

I will be ready to buy once you have dual extrusion come preassembled and ready to go... the larger TK printer looks very nice..
    Hi twp,

We may choose to offer dual extrusion pre-assembled in the future, however we do not offer that option at this time. Naturally, a pre-assembled dual extrusion system would sell at a higher price. Additionally, dual extruders reduce the amount of printable area in the X Axis.

Best Regards,

Jon Fye
    Sales Associate
    jon@lulzbot.com
    1-970-377-1111 x633
    Aleph Objects, Inc.
    123 SW 12th Street
    Loveland, Colorado 80537

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can add dual extrusion capability to your AO-100 if you are mechanically inclined.

See these dual color examples:

Dual color business card holder

Dual color, low resolution

Code to dual color prints

You just need to get another motor, another Budaschnozzle hot end, some nuts & bolts, and print out a few parts, available here:

Dual mount source

Have fun,

-Jeff Moe

Downloads
    Uploads

Now were talking I'm gonna add that to mine.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The AO-101 has a few tweaks to it that make it different than the AO-100. It incorporates the changes we saw helped after printing tens of thousands of parts. If you print these out, you can get your machine printing more reliably and at higher quality, for free basically.

This gcode you can print directly (no slicing needed):

Index of /AO-101/parts

Source and STLs of those files is available here:

Index of /AO-101/hardware/printed_parts

The updated parts list:

AO-x-end-clamp_acme2.0_2
    This is the lower clamp that holds the two smooth rods. Printing this will make the sides of your print smoother (less wobble). It is our design based on a design made by sjkelly (who also did the dual extruder design--we used his in favor of a couple we did). This is worth doing.

z_stop_holder_v2
    If you do the X-clamp above, you will want this too. It holds the endstop trigger. Otherwise you don't need it.

Y_axis_parts_2
    This has the Y motor mount and the Y bearing/belt tightener. The latter is good if you want a belt tightener, but really isn't necessary. Once you set the belt, you really don't have to touch it. You can skip this one.

holder_spinner_2
    spool_mount_1
    These two files are the new spool system. It has a brake on it so the spool won't spin too freely. This helps it feed better. This is nice. As a side note, for space and efficiency, we have a different spooling system we use for our printer cluster. Here's photos of how we do bulk spooling. And here's the code to the bulk spoolers.

y_motor_mount_v2_2
    The AO-101 has smaller pulleys than the AO-100. We have found the new pulleys eliminate any skipped steps. We run 40+ printers so even a small one in one hundred problem we see. The new pulleys are great for this. We will have them in our store in the next couple weeks or so. This is the motor mount if you switch to them. I recommend this if you do a lot of printing.

Note, when the AO-101 is released, the URL will be updated from devel.lulzbot.com to download.lulzbot.com.

So how's that? A machine that can upgrade itself.

-Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jeff..thanks for the info. I'm still on the fence as to what printer to get.. see some of my parts will definitely require support for overhangs and such..so right now it seems that Stratasys is the only option with their soluble support. I'd gladly pay 4 to 5k for a printer with these options and a larger build size than the mojo. Plus I don't want to be locked into buying high priced Stratasys abs.

I just do not think the mojo with its tiny build size and propriety print heads and material is worth 10k.

But nobody else seems to have a solution for soluble support...

Downloads
    Uploads

I want the TK-O.....I need that, I'm loving 3d printing I'm working on many deigns to print out this week!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comparison of LulzBot AO-100, MakerBot Replicator, Uprint SE Plus (video)-0-jpg  
    Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast