DeskCNC TP-100 Probe released

Thread: DeskCNC TP-100 Probe released

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile DeskCNC TP-100 Probe released

As of this date the DeskCNC, TP-100 touch trigger probe is released.

This device is a mechanical contact probe capable of scanning a contoured surface at rates of 20,000 points or more per hour. It is integrated with the DeskCNC controller and software program. Routines, within the DeskCNC software, permit jog selection of scanning zones and then fully automated raster collection of surface data, resulting in the creation of a machinable, .STL file. Probe tip radius compensation and waterline probing are also included.

The probe has a precision ruby tip for reduced wear and increased
    accuracy. The shank is 3/8 inch diameter, to accommodate the capacities of the small desktop mills such as the Sherline, Taig, and MaxNC. With an expected useful life in excess of 10,000,000 data points, it is suitable for both commercial and hobby use.

In addition to the probing capabilities, the package also includes a base and contact tip that converts the probe into a precision tool length setter. In this mode tool lengths are automatically measured and recorded in the DeskCNC tool table.

Price is $399 in single quantities, DeskCNC customers are eligible for a discounted price of $275.

Some pictures and additional information is available at:

http://www.imsrv.com/deskcnc/probe.htm

Fred Smith - IMService
    THE source for low cost Cad-Cam

imserv@imsrv.com

IMService
    P.O. Box 142
    New Hudson, MI, USA

Voice- 888-451-1670
    Fax- 248-486-3600

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DeskCNC TP-100 Probe released-probe3-jpg  
    Last edited by cncadmin; 04-02-2004 at 12:29 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So can I use the probe with the deskCNC software, if I am not using your hardware driver board?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to have this discussion, but if not, I'm sure the moderators will let us know. ;-)

As stated in the announcement, the probe " is integrated with the DeskCNC controller and software program". The controller is a $25, remote processor, which is a combination 45000 hz step and direction controller and a break-out board. It connects to the serial port of most any dumpster grade Windows 98 (or later) PC.

Your options for using the probe are to use it with the DeskCNC "software and controller" system and the built in utilities, or to use it with another control system, which may or may not have the degree of automation available with DeskCNC. If you use it with another system that results in an .STL file, then DeskCNC software can be used to create toolpaths to machine the file, even though it was not created with DeskCNC.

Fred Smith - IMService

Downloads
    Uploads

Will this probe work with mach2?
    What kinda accuracy?
    What is the smallest size I can digitize?
    How does it compair to the probe from Maxnc?
    How long would it take to digitize say a standard 2 button mouse at a given resolution?

Donny

Downloads
    Uploads

Gee,
    No one answered my questions. Had to find out the hard expensive way.

Donny

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bump.

Has anyone used this probe with Mach2 and Gecko setup? Is it just the probe or do you need some type of hardware controller to interface to something non-DeskCNC?

--Michael

Downloads
    Uploads

I use my probe with Mach2 and gecko 201's. As long as you pay attention and review the code to make sure its doing what you think its gonna do it will work fine. No need for anything but the probe and mach2.

Donny

www.whiterivermfg.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by imserv
    I'm not sure if this is the proper place to have this discussion, but if not, I'm sure the moderators will let us know. ;-)
    Fred Smith - IMService
    This the one place you can "sell" your products, the other forums you can't. So your OK Fred discuss away! and return my emails

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]