Just In CNC Snap is an affordable desktop CNC Kit.

Thread: CNC Snap is an affordable desktop CNC Kit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up CNC Snap is an affordable desktop CNC Kit.

CNC Snap is a desktop CNC kit that's fun and affordable. CNC Snap adopts to your milling, engraving, cutting, etching and PCB design.

CNC Snap | Think it. Make it. cncsnap.com

Kickstarter start at $280 to $500

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by cncsnap; 05-19-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Clear something up for me Please

In your ad you state you have 5 units for sale.

In Amy's response to my email, she states there ARE NO UNITS available until the project is funded and the funds released.

Both these statements can't be true.
    Either there are 5 units available or there ARE NO UNITS available.
    I need to know which it is to know which direction to go in and feel it should made clear upfront for all the members here.

The CNC items that I tracked on KICKSTARTER seem to be going nowhere. One team received $47,000+ and has yet to produce a single unit.
    Another group received $69,000+, funding closed in January, and not one single unit. They have sites, prices, promises, plastic casting, and pics of PC boards but no product.

I plan to buy a CNC machine.

The question is: Do you have 5 units available for purchase or do you have NO UNITS AVAILABLE for purchase?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the confusion. We wanted to use kickstarter to get funded for a lasercutter so we don't have to outsource parts. By doing so, it will allow us to have shorter lead time.

We do have 5 barebone kits available here but still a lead time to have the parts cut. The complete kits are only on kickstarter, as an incentive for the support.

We are passionate about getting this CNC out to everyone. When I was looking for a cnc like you, they were beyond my price range. It shouldn't be that way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by cncsnap View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. We wanted to use kickstarter to get funded for a lasercutter so we don't have to outsource parts. By doing so, it will allow us to have shorter lead time.

We do have 5 barebone kits available here but still a lead time to have the parts cut. The complete kits are only on kickstarter, as an incentive for the support.

We are passionate about getting this CNC out to everyone. When I was looking for a cnc like you, they were beyond my price range. It shouldn't be that way.
    What does it mean? 5 barebones here kits but a lead time to have them cut?

Why can't you sell the complete kits you have on kickstarter here?

Do you have anything for sale or not?
    That is the question.

And if you have nothing for sale why put up an ad claiming you have 5 units for sale?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Bad start

Quote Originally Posted by garyo1954 View Post
    What does it mean? 5 barebones here kits but a lead time to have them cut?

Why can't you sell the complete kits you have on kickstarter here?

Do you have anything for sale or not?
    That is the question.

And if you have nothing for sale why put up an ad claiming you have 5 units for sale?
    Looks like a bad start for a possibly good product. Once the false advertizing starts it's hard to stop the freight train.

Downloads
    Uploads

To be honest I don't see it as a viable cnc router. Looking at the videos you are using 1/4 plywood (?) and holding it together with tabs and cyanoacrylate. After playing with my all metal cnc router for over two years and seeing the forces that come into play with a cnc router I just do not see this being a machine that could be relied on, even at the hobby level.
    Then again I could be wrong.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    To be honest I don't see it as a viable cnc router. Looking at the videos you are using 1/4 plywood (?) and holding it together with tabs and cyanoacrylate. After playing with my all metal cnc router for over two years and seeing the forces that come into play with a cnc router I just do not see this being a machine that could be relied on, even at the hobby level.
    Then again I could be wrong.
    But you're not wrong. The whole mess stinks. It's bad enough when the guy claims he has 5 available here for $400, then when you want to buy, he has none.

Not to mention some eagle eye cnc member sends a link to his post on ebay when he claims to have MORE THAN 10 AVAILABLE at $390.

Desktop CNC Kit | eBay

Doesn't give the buyer any confidence in his plan or product.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I hope this clears up any confusion.

But you're not wrong. The whole mess stinks. It's bad enough when the guy claims he has 5 available here for $400, then when you want to buy, he has none.

Not to mention some eagle eye cnc member sends a link to his post on ebay when he claims to have MORE THAN 10 AVAILABLE at $390.

Desktop CNC Kit | eBay

Doesn't give the buyer any confidence in his plan or product.

COMPLETE KITS - As Amy told you on kickstarter, the COMPLETE kits with electronics is only on kickstarter with a 5 week lead time upon successful funding.

BAREBONES KITS - On ebay, CNCZone, etc. there are BAREBONES kits without electronics available with a 2 week lead time.

If you google makerbot, ultimaker, etc. you will see they have lead times on theirs. Some makerbot models have lead times of 4-7 weeks. We don't like having any lead time. That's why we are trying to get a laser cutter at kickstarter. If not, we are looking at local cutters to shorten lead time.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Buckers promo

In your ad you state you have 5 units for sale.

In Amy's response to my email, she states there ARE NO UNITS available until the project is funded and the funds released.

Both these statements can't be true.
    Either there are 5 units available or there ARE NO UNITS available.
    I need to know which it is to know which direction to go in and feel it should made clear upfront for all the members here.

The CNC items that I tracked on KICKSTARTER seem to be going nowhere. One team received $47,000+ and has yet to produce a single unit.
    Another group received $69,000+, funding closed in January, and not one single unit. They have sites, prices, promises, plastic casting, and pics of PC boards but no product.

I plan to buy a CNC machine.

The question is: Do you have 5 units available for purchase or do you have NO UNITS AVAILABLE for purchase?
    On cncsnap.com we will be doing a buckers promo with the same price on kickstarter. So we can do a bulk order at the end of the timeline. If we get all the original buckers on kickstart before the end of that Timeline, we will go ahead and push Those order through First. timeline JUN/15/2011 to JUN/26/2011