Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Hello everyone!

I have recently come to the decision that I want to buy a slightly faster machine the my favored Tormach 1100.

I have used the machine since new for the last six years. It has a full enclosure, upgraded coolant pump
    2 five inch vises. and the ATC.

Everything works great and I still use it today.

I have most everything in the works for the new machine but wanted to see if there was an interest as I cannot fit two
    in my garage...lol. I still have the 440 and the slant pro lathe. I am looking for somewhere in that 15K area but am open and negotiable
    to offers. Smart cool is going on the 440 so that dos not come with it.

The 1100 has worked flawlessly in the past for me, I just need more speed now.

Let me know if anyone might be interested. Picture is attached.

-Adam

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tormach machine possibly for sale?-tormach-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Where are you located? Would you sell any accessories or looking to sell just the whole machine?

Where are you located? Can you help load?

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brian257 View Post
    Where are you located? Would you sell any accessories or looking to sell just the whole machine?
    Pretty much everything that I used with the 1100 will go with it. Really, all you would need to get is the tool height setter(if that is what you wanted to use). I will include some of the TTS holders and a tension/compression tapping head. I thread mill everything now so I havent used it in quite some time.

You would need some collets and a way of setting tool height and that is it. It is ready to go.

I am in MN.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    Where are you located? Can you help load?
    I am in MN.

My plan is to have the new machine dropped and at the same time have the rigger here to help load the Tormach for the buyer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apparently I don't know how to post (see previous entry).
    Would you be able to post a video or more pictures (something unique)?
    I've been looking for a Tormach machine for awhile and have found a few scammers that talk about all the details of a machine but only want to focus on the money or they use other peoples photos. Not to say that you're a scammer, I've just learned to be extra cautious.

Best Regards,
    -Josh

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BGW_Machine View Post
    Apparently I don't know how to post (see previous entry).
    Would you be able to post a video or more pictures (something unique)?
    I've been looking for a Tormach machine for awhile and have found a few scammers that talk about all the details of a machine but only want to focus on the money or they use other peoples photos. Not to say that you're a scammer, I've just learned to be extra cautious.

Best Regards,
    -Josh

How about you ask for a specific photo and I can post it? If you are in MN you can certainly stop by and check it out........It is used daily so, no scamming here...lol

Downloads
    Uploads

What machine are you upgrading to?
    Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkykid View Post
    How about you ask for a specific photo and I can post it? If you are in MN you can certainly stop by and check it out........It is used daily so, no scamming here...lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    What machine are you upgrading to?
    Congratulations
    Thank You!

I decided on a Haas super mini mill 2. The Tormach has worked great for the time I have had it. Without it I could have never gotten
    the business to what it is. That being said, I dont need a large work envelope, I just want more speed on some of my parts and a bit more precision.

All of my parts are small but some have .012 holes that take to long with the Tormach. With the Haas I have more options with air spindles and such.

I just think it is a better fit for me now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool. Great choice!
    I am considering that same mill. Does it have the 'umbrella' style ATC?
    Does it run off 220 volt or did you have to get a phase converter?
    Thanks!

Thank You!

I decided on a Haas super mini mill 2. The Tormach has worked great for the time I have had it. Without it I could have never gotten
    the business to what it is. That being said, I dont need a large work envelope, I just want more speed on some of my parts and a bit more precision.

All of my parts are small but some have .012 holes that take to long with the Tormach. With the Haas I have more options with air spindles and such.

I just think it is a better fit for me now.

Downloads
    Uploads

I upgraded to a Mini Mill from a Novakon Pulsar. I like the Pulsar, but
    I love that Haas.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Cool. Great choice!
    I am considering that same mill. Does it have the 'umbrella' style ATC?
    Does it run off 220 volt or did you have to get a phase converter?
    Thanks!
    The mini mill 2 will run on single phase 220 but the super mini mill does the three phase thing.

The speed difference is pretty good between the two. The super mini I believe had rapids in the 1200 range while
    the mini were around 800.

It does have the umbrella style, but the capacity is ok. It holds 20 tools.

Its pretty awesome. I ordered with thru spindle coolant, mql and p cool.

After using the tormach smart cool I am hooked on options for lubrication. Some of my parts are vacuum table mounted
    and the flood just doesnt work well with that......lol

The only thing thing is the control. I am not familiar with it so hopefully that isnt too steep of a learning curve. I love Pathpilot and its features.

Hopefully someone buys the Tormach since it will probably just sit, but I do have an attachment to it...

Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice upgrade. The Sumer mini looks like quite are production machine - a vf2 in a smaller package.
    I think I will keep my Tormach when I upgrade. Let's see.

Have fun!

QUOTE=Jerkykid;2093428]The mini mill 2 will run on single phase 220 but the super mini mill does the three phase thing.

The speed difference is pretty good between the two. The super mini I believe had rapids in the 1200 range while
    the mini were around 800.

It does have the umbrella style, but the capacity is ok. It holds 20 tools.

Its pretty awesome. I ordered with thru spindle coolant, mql and p cool.

After using the tormach smart cool I am hooked on options for lubrication. Some of my parts are vacuum table mounted
    and the flood just doesnt work well with that......lol

The only thing thing is the control. I am not familiar with it so hopefully that isnt too steep of a learning curve. I love Pathpilot and its features.

Hopefully someone buys the Tormach since it will probably just sit, but I do have an attachment to it...[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

So far that is the only option I think I miss is the 20 vs the 10 tool on my mini mill.
    It threw me a few curves initially, but once you humble and retrain yourself to use something new, it becomes pretty easy.
    After the tool limitation was figuring the offsets and how I was going to do that.
    Using an Edge tool height setter and a Haimer, zero problems exist there. It's now very fast and second nature to swap out and set tools in the Umbrella.

Lee

If you are doing semi production operations you also consider how to use the same tool for different operations. I have a couple Syil Speedmasters (I don't recommend them) so tool changes are all manual. A lot of times I have to use a .0625 for part of a job and an .065 for a slot on the same job. I'll often figure my tolerances and use the .0625 to make the .065 slot to avoid a tool change. The same thinking can be applied to an ATC to reduce both tool inventory and time. It might cost you a few minutes in the job, and save an equal number of minutes in down time and tool changing.

Figure your critical tools, and your multi use tools and I bet ten goes a long way.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone!

I have recently come to the decision that I want to buy a slightly faster machine the my favored Tormach 1100.

I have used the machine since new for the last six years. It has a full enclosure, upgraded coolant pump
    2 five inch vises. and the ATC.

Everything works great and I still use it today.

I have most everything in the works for the new machine but wanted to see if there was an interest as I cannot fit two
    in my garage...lol. I still have the 440 and the slant pro lathe. I am looking for somewhere in that 15K area but am open and negotiable
    to offers. Smart cool is going on the 440 so that dos not come with it.

The 1100 has worked flawlessly in the past for me, I just need more speed now.

Let me know if anyone might be interested. Picture is attached.

-Adam
    I sent you a PM, I am located in St. Paul MN and I may be interested.

Something to consider... If the Tormach makes parts that make money why not run both? I make parts for a particular market. Many of them require high rpm in order to cut in a reasonable time due to small diameter cutters. However I design some to use larger cutters that can feed at a reasonably fast rate so I can cut them on my larger machine with its slower spindle. Oddly enough I value the machine time on both my tiny high speed machines and my larger higher horsepower machine at about the same rate. If the part is suited to the machine.

Bob La Londe

Downloads
    Uploads

Has this been sold, is it still for sale?

Downloads
    Uploads

I sent you another PM. I am in search and you're maybe a 1.5 hour drive from my location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast