Tormach machine possibly for sale? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Cool. Great choice!
    I am considering that same mill. Does it have the 'umbrella' style ATC?
    Does it run off 220 volt or did you have to get a phase converter?
    Thanks!
    The mini mill 2 will run on single phase 220 but the super mini mill does the three phase thing.

The speed difference is pretty good between the two. The super mini I believe had rapids in the 1200 range while
    the mini were around 800.

It does have the umbrella style, but the capacity is ok. It holds 20 tools.

Its pretty awesome. I ordered with thru spindle coolant, mql and p cool.

After using the tormach smart cool I am hooked on options for lubrication. Some of my parts are vacuum table mounted
    and the flood just doesnt work well with that......lol

The only thing thing is the control. I am not familiar with it so hopefully that isnt too steep of a learning curve. I love Pathpilot and its features.

Hopefully someone buys the Tormach since it will probably just sit, but I do have an attachment to it...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very nice upgrade. The Sumer mini looks like quite are production machine - a vf2 in a smaller package.
    I think I will keep my Tormach when I upgrade. Let's see.

Have fun!

QUOTE=Jerkykid;2093428]The mini mill 2 will run on single phase 220 but the super mini mill does the three phase thing.

The speed difference is pretty good between the two. The super mini I believe had rapids in the 1200 range while
    the mini were around 800.

It does have the umbrella style, but the capacity is ok. It holds 20 tools.

Its pretty awesome. I ordered with thru spindle coolant, mql and p cool.

After using the tormach smart cool I am hooked on options for lubrication. Some of my parts are vacuum table mounted
    and the flood just doesnt work well with that......lol

The only thing thing is the control. I am not familiar with it so hopefully that isnt too steep of a learning curve. I love Pathpilot and its features.

Hopefully someone buys the Tormach since it will probably just sit, but I do have an attachment to it...[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

So far that is the only option I think I miss is the 20 vs the 10 tool on my mini mill.
    It threw me a few curves initially, but once you humble and retrain yourself to use something new, it becomes pretty easy.
    After the tool limitation was figuring the offsets and how I was going to do that.
    Using an Edge tool height setter and a Haimer, zero problems exist there. It's now very fast and second nature to swap out and set tools in the Umbrella.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tormach machine possibly for sale?

If you are doing semi production operations you also consider how to use the same tool for different operations. I have a couple Syil Speedmasters (I don't recommend them) so tool changes are all manual. A lot of times I have to use a .0625 for part of a job and an .065 for a slot on the same job. I'll often figure my tolerances and use the .0625 to make the .065 slot to avoid a tool change. The same thinking can be applied to an ATC to reduce both tool inventory and time. It might cost you a few minutes in the job, and save an equal number of minutes in down time and tool changing.

Figure your critical tools, and your multi use tools and I bet ten goes a long way.

Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12