Grizzly G0704 CNC Conversion Project - I started... you Finish! - No Longer Available

Thread: Grizzly G0704 CNC Conversion Project - I started... you Finish! - No Longer Available

Default Grizzly G0704 CNC Conversion Project - I started... you Finish! - No Longer Available

Grizzly G0704 CNC Conversion Project - I started... you Finish!

Thinking of taking on the conversion of a Grizzly G0704 mill to a CNC machine but don't want to deal with:

- Waiting for Grizzly to ship you the mill
    - Machining the conversion parts
    - Disassembling your mill
    - Ordering the ball screws
    - Machining the saddle for clearance

Well you are in luck! I started the Hoss based conversion and have since found myself at a shop with a larger CNC machine. I don't think I'll ever get around to finish this project, my loss is your gain. Here is what you get:

- Un-assembled G0704 mill with most of the stock parts (I have the lead screws at least, and I think most of the rest.
    - The clamp kit and most of the accessories
    - The X, Y, Z motor mount adapter plates (all the parts from the Hoss instructions)
    - The ball screws prepared for double thrust bearing configuration
    - Most of the bearings and shims you will need. $226 in McMaster-Carr parts for the build alone!

I was basically at the stage of the project where I'd need to assemble the mill and install/order all the control electronics and motor stuff.

Local pick up preferred, but I supposed I could ship several packages if you wanted to pay for that.

List Date: 8/22/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Grizzly G0704 CNC Conversion Project - I started... you Finish!
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------