SketchNC work in progress build available

Thread: SketchNC work in progress build available

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SketchNC work in progress build available

Hello All,

I have been working on a new product I call SketchNC. This is a drawing to G-Code tool that combines elements of my other software. It is similar to the DXF import tool in NCPlot but with the drawing tools of StickFont Editor. I am making a work in progress build available to you all for testing.

www.ncplot.com/sketchnc/SketchNC_v100.exe

Please give it a test drive and let me know what you think so far. Development will be driven mostly based on your feedback so don't be afraid to post your feature requests and bug reports here.

Most likely this tool will end up replacing the DXF import tool in NCPlot, so users of NCPlot be sure to check it out.

Thanks,
    Scott

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SketchNC work in progress build available-sketchnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scott,

works fine here but I'm missing the Chain All / Chain Layer Tool .

And how does Convert True Type Font work? Nothing happens if I select it from the menu.

Cheers,

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Richard,

The 'Convert True Type Font' doesn't do anything, it is leftover from StickFont Editor which is what the application is based on. I just forgot to remove it from the menu.

A few other notes...

Chaining is done with the 'Cleanup' tool.

The 'Select Chain' tool doesn't work unless the drawing has been chained.

The 'Save' and 'Save As' buttons aren't hooked up yet in the G-Code program pane. Likewise, the cut/copy/paste shortcut keys are not hooked up yet but the toolbar buttons DO work. Oh, and the 'find' button isn't hooked up yet.

The G-Code Header and G-Code Footer don't do anything yet, this is because I am planning to go to a post style output method.

I am planning on adding drawing tools for hole patterns.

The command line input accepts expressions anywhere a numeric value is expected. So for example you can scale metric to inch by entering a scale factor of S(1/25.4).

When copy and pasting drawing elements the pasted drawing go on to the default layer instead of their original layer. This is something I need to fix yet.

I am planning on making a 1-click method for transferring a backplot from NCPlot into SketchNC. Likewise for transferring code from SketchNC into NCPlot.

I'm considering supporting both True Type and stick fonts as drawing elements. Actually, I'm pretty certain I will end up doing this.

I think most everything else is hooked up and working. I want to hear about any problems you run into or suggestions!

Thanks,
    Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

I've updated SketchNC, here's what's new:

I hooked up the Save & Save As buttons on the G-Code program window. They currently perform the same function as there is no display of what the file name is.

Hooked up the Find and Replace functions.

Added ability to change the editor font.

Enabled colorizing of the editor text.

Changed the G-Code output settings window around some and added a few new settings.

Added support for 3Dconnexion devices. There is a configuration window that can be opened from the menu "Edit / 3Dconnexion device settings".

Various bug fixes and enhancements.

You can download this update from the same link as above, just uninstall your current version and re-download it.

Thanks,
    Scott