"St" style electric solid body with top 'floyd rose' guitar CNC 3D files....Anyone?

Thread: "St" style electric solid body with top 'floyd rose' guitar CNC 3D files....Anyone?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking "St" style electric solid body with top 'floyd rose' guitar CNC 3D files....Anyone?

Good morning everyone The usual question no doubt! ...... I'm recently new to this cnc stuff, so all good advice appreciated.. I've gotten some Queensland Maple slabs, & want to make 'St...' style guitar bodies out of them.
    After much research it seems that getting one CNC routed is the way to go for me for now. After consulting with CNC operators in Cairns, Australia area, showing them another similar bare body, I've been advised to get an accurate DXF body file, maybe other formats wouldn't hurt though, Though my searching on here I've only found 'vintage st...' files that would require mods...
    What I'm after is a file for a body routed for H/S/H pickups, and top mounted 'floyd rose' polepiece holes & trem slot, so preferably with a few degree tilt back neck pocket.. I've searched here, and elsewhere for the correct specs in case someone else already had the exact same Q & A's, but to no avail.
    Is there anyone here that has a same file or very similar that has already been tested? CNC operators in my area haven't yet done a guitar, but are savvy to what I'm after. They've told me of the headaches they encounter from other clients that have an idea & a file that doesn't work out.
    What are your thoughts or solutions, people?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: "St" style electric solid body with top 'floyd rose' guitar CNC 3D files....Anyon

Download Fusion 360 (free) and design one yourself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: "St" style electric solid body with top 'floyd rose' guitar CNC 3D files....Anyon

Cheers, I might do that, Warren, but at present I'm building a guitar, not learning the finer points of programming & design myself just yet.
    & I'm not wasting good timber doing trial runs with potentially inaccurate files. That's why I'm asking who has good files of what i'm after on here for now...
    .Though Fusion 360 is definately worth a look for future design builds
    Good morning everyone The usual question no doubt! ...... I'm recently new to this cnc stuff, so all good advice appreciated.. I've gotten some Queensland Maple slabs, & want to make 'St...' style guitar bodies out of them.
    After much research it seems that getting one CNC routed is the way to go for me for now. After consulting with CNC operators in Cairns, Australia area, showing them another similar bare body, I've been advised to get an accurate DXF body file, maybe other formats wouldn't hurt though, Though my searching on here I've only found 'vintage st...' files that would require mods...
    What I'm after is a file for a body routed for H/S/H pickups, and top mounted 'floyd rose' polepiece holes & trem slot, so preferably with a few degree tilt back neck pocket.. I've searched here, and elsewhere for the correct specs in case someone else already had the exact same Q & A's, but to no avail.
    Is there anyone here that has a same file or very similar that has already been tested? CNC operators in my area haven't yet done a guitar, but are savvy to what I'm after. They've told me of the headaches they encounter from other clients that have an idea & a file that doesn't work out.
    What are your thoughts or solutions, people?.................

Downloads
    Uploads

If you realy want it good trial with pine /mdf I would but then it is far quicker to make a body by hand with a few templates there are guys that sell the whole guitar in cnc file format 300 odd Au that's an option >but there is a lot of free programs out there as was suggested draw up your very own you will eventually have to do this for other stuff anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, Darren,
    Of course this all "looks" easy " just get a cad model and cnc it...."
    Order the floyd rose routing and a Strat bathtub pickup route with a 2deg neck tilt. Easy Yeah !

In reality to do this custom will involve quite a few hours of CAD and CNC programing time and the first article run..

The advice of a DXF file is just the starting , consider that a 2-D template. ( georgia luthiers supply )

Call the guys at usacustomguitars.com/bodies/guitar and ask for a quote.
    Save time and money and get what you want,

Warren I had to laugh at the response.

Downloads
    Uploads

It is easy realy just a pocket in the end ,the 2 deg tilt is not an issue but I would never do it on the body I would do it on the heel ,don't buy into the snake oil crap.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try Grabcad.com to start with a guitar model

Been doing this too long

Downloads
    Uploads

It's far easier and faster to take a router with a pilot, and a neck pocket template and just shim the bridge end. (IIRC 1/8" works pretty well but it's been a while.) If you're top routing for H-S-H it may be better to just do a swimming pool route.

Sorry InMesh for the snake oil, but tilting the pocket allows the end-user to swap out necks easily.