Need Help! Looking for "files" for lots of different items..

Thread: Looking for "files" for lots of different items..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for "files" for lots of different items..

hey Guys, new to the forum, found it using Google..

I'm currently starting a Guitar Shop and i'm looking for Files or programme i think it's called in the CNC world. We have 2 CNC machine ready to go, but no programmes for now. we have an operator, but she does'nt do the actually files basicaly.

Now, i'm not looking for a hand-out also. what i'de like to find to start with are the following if anyone wants to work something out.

Fender Bodies.
    Fender Necks.

Gibson Les Paul accurate 59
    Gibson Accurate Flying-V

PRS models.

Charvel and Jackson models as well.

Thanks for taking the time to check my thread..

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you seeking CAD models or G-code complete with tool design and operator instructions? What is your experience with CNC? A machine and operator is a good beginning.

Been doing this too long

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
    Are you seeking CAD models or G-code complete with tool design and operator instructions? What is your experience with CNC? A machine and operator is a good beginning.
    Right now, i'm looking for "files" to be cut basicaly

Downloads
    Uploads

Best of luck in your business, it is clear you have a LOT to learn!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default It sounds like what you want to do

[is to reverse-engineer some parts that were produced by several famous guitar companies. This is possible to do, using 3d scanners and some software like Rapidform XOR, then running the results through some CAM software like VisualMill, all of which I can sell you. But - ]

Quote Originally Posted by al3d View Post
    hey Guys, new to the forum, found it using Google..

I'm currently starting a Guitar Shop and i'm looking for Files or programme i think it's called in the CNC world. We have 2 CNC machine ready to go, but no programmes for now. we have an operator, but she does'nt do the actually files basicaly.

Now, i'm not looking for a hand-out also. what i'de like to find to start with are the following if anyone wants to work something out.

Fender Bodies.
    Fender Necks.

Gibson Les Paul accurate 59
    Gibson Accurate Flying-V

PRS models.

Charvel and Jackson models as well.

Thanks for taking the time to check my thread..
    [doing this on a commercial scale might get you in some legal trouble. Do you have permission to reproduce these parts? I'm sure they're all copyrighted, and possibly patented as well. If you've cleared this plan with Fender, Gibson, Charvel, and Jackson, you should get their authorizations in writing. Otherwise, you might have these parts confiscated and find yourself facing criminal as well as civil penalties. Here's an article you might find interesting in this regard:

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin..._Heats_Up.aspx ]

Cheers;

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Guys...i'm not trying to start a counterfeit buisness here, i just want to be able to cut something if needed.*as to learn..yes we all start somewhere, don't see anything wrong with that. i will have a part time operator, but he does'nt do any cad work realy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i will have a part time operator, but he does'nt do any cad work realy

we have an operator, but she does'nt do the actually files basicaly.

Somethin looks a bit phishy here

Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seansear View Post
    i will have a part time operator, but he does'nt do any cad work realy

we have an operator, but she does'nt do the actually files basicaly.

Somethin looks a bit phishy here
    gimme a break..english is not my first language, I'm french canadian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Legal issues aside (see awerby's post)

Bottom line is what your looking for is not what you need. The g-code that runs a cnc machine is machine dependent. While differences may be small between some machines, your risking damaging the ones you have available by trying to run g-code someone else posts. So if you do find some code it would be unwise to try and run it without a programmer to review and modify it for your use. The machine setup is also critical, as it must match the code as well.

There are drawings and models of some of the parts your looking for available in this forum. But you will need a programmer to take that and create g-code for you machine from it. In conjunction to the code he will decide how the material and tools will need to be setup on the machine to work with the g-code.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    Legal issues aside (see awerby's post)

Bottom line is what your looking for is not what you need. The g-code that runs a cnc machine is machine dependent. While differences may be small between some machines, your risking damaging the ones you have available by trying to run g-code someone else posts. So if you do find some code it would be unwise to try and run it without a programmer to review and modify it for your use. The machine setup is also critical, as it must match the code as well.

There are drawings and models of some of the parts your looking for available in this forum. But you will need a programmer to take that and create g-code for you machine from it. In conjunction to the code he will decide how the material and tools will need to be setup on the machine to work with the g-code.
    ok...can we PLEASE stop cutting hairs in haft here!"...i'm looking for the cad files if you will for now, once i have enought files to warrant someone transforming them to the PROPER codes and all, i or we will get the proper trained person to help.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not splitting hairs, my best understanding of your first thread was you wanted something to run on a CNC machine, AKA g-code. I gave what I felt was my best recommendation based on the information provided.

For drawings and some cad files I told you to look thru the forums, and specifically I'll point you to the Ultimate 3D Guitar Model Thread on the second page of this forum is a good start. Search thru more threads and you should come across more.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are plans all over the Internet, not here. If you are interested in the CNC aspect, then start a little smaller. Research this forum, hire people that can run the machinery, and it should not be that big of a problem.

I build guitars for a living, and yes, I have alot of CAD, IGES, STL, and other models that are worthy, but it took alot of work to complete, and, I still do alot of hand work! It's not free, unless you give something back (pay it forward). As a matter of fact, I have another post stating I got stumped on a neck model, and offered free submission of my model if anyone can complete it.

Greatest of luck in your ventures, but it seems you have alot to learn yet, or you haven't hired the right people (yet).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

THank you for your post wBegg, but notice i did,nt ask for any FREE files. Right we can cut a strat and tele..but to be honest, they are'nt to accurate. i'm found drawings of the 62 strat (blueprints) so that will help. but NOTHING on blackguard, or early 50's telecaster so far.

Quote Originally Posted by wbegg View Post
    There are plans all over the Internet, not here. If you are interested in the CNC aspect, then start a little smaller. Research this forum, hire people that can run the machinery, and it should not be that big of a problem.

I build guitars for a living, and yes, I have alot of CAD, IGES, STL, and other models that are worthy, but it took alot of work to complete, and, I still do alot of hand work! It's not free, unless you give something back (pay it forward). As a matter of fact, I have another post stating I got stumped on a neck model, and offered free submission of my model if anyone can complete it.

Greatest of luck in your ventures, but it seems you have alot to learn yet, or you haven't hired the right people (yet).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i can help for modification (for free )

for CNC woodcarving - 3d puzzle - furnitures
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/fabrun/