multicam 3000 shuddering on x axis

Thread: multicam 3000 shuddering on x axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default multicam 3000 shuddering on x axis

Hello I have a multicam 3000 4x8 router i have had since new in 2008. I am having some shuddering/vibration on x axis. I also hear a lot of fidgeting from the motors as well. I have also placed my hands on the x axis motors both are very hot even when at idol. I was wondering if i need to replace my servo motors. I have had some issues in the past with teknic servo motors on x early on. 1 issue was a severed shaft, the other loose magnets. I would like to get your opions on what problems could be. Also is there anything i can upgrade since technology is from 10 years ago.

Steve

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: multicam 3000 shuddering on x axis

Sounds like your XA and XB are not lined up with each other, When is the last time you squared your gantry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: multicam 3000 shuddering on x axis

I just just did before i sat down and read your reply and i did hit the estop before i did it and it did jerk a little. It does sound better now when i park it back and forth. I will check the heat in a little bit. I did notice also that the motors are still fidgeting a little.