Software For Old Multicam, PSS

Thread: Software For Old Multicam, PSS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software For Old Multicam, PSS

So I have a really old multicam machine with an M24 control board. I have to run PSS for it. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations on software/post-processors to use.

I prefer Fusion360 as my CAD software, how is it at handling post?

Is there anything else I should use to get the file to gcode the machine uses?

Please forgive my ignorance, I have a little CNC experience, but nothing of this size and complexity.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software For Old Multicam, PSS

The only software that will run on that M24 control is MultiCam software. Fusion 360 has a post processor for MultiCAM built in, but I've never tried it. You will still have to use the Job Server software to transfer files.

If you want to do a upgrade on the controls my software is free, but requires a Galil controller. The Galil hardware needed is available on the used market from many EBay vendors, or can be purchased new from Galil. I'll make recommendations if you want to go that way. And my software is fully compatible with Fusion 360, which can be installed on the machine computer if you want.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software For Old Multicam, PSS

Using Fusion with HPGL post processor is working for now. I have a real test run going now.