Need Help! TB Woods Inverter to Perske Programing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TB Woods Inverter to Perske Programing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TB Woods Inverter to Perske Programing

So I've learned so much lately and I've zeroed in on the AC Inverter (TB Woods WFC HT) has lost the proper programing.
    Does anyone have information on programing it to work with both or either the Multicam Controller and the a Perske 7HP 60-11.2 spindle?
    There is a current draw issue on the spindle since the programing was reset on the inverter.
    Also, it doesn't seem like the inverter and controller are talking anymore.
    If anyone has this machine or knows what I'm talking about, please help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TB Woods Inverter to Perske Programing

Maybe this will help. http://www.geomartin.com/pdfs/commer...C_Inverter.pdf

To start with set the parameters per the motor data plate values. Amps, Volts, Hertz. Get the motor running from the inverter keypad. Once that is done and the spindle is running OK, then is time to get it talking to the MultiCam controller. That should be accomplished by setting the correct parameters in the inverter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, I have that PDF, but I just don't understand enough right now to get it going.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see the problem. I would have to be sitting in front of that inverter with the manual in my hand to program it. That is a pretty sophisticated inverter and a manual written for a controls engineer. It's about like trying to read some of the Chinese - English translations.

Section 3 is where you want to start, then read through section 4

Take a look at parameters 31 and 32. I think 31 should be around 120 and 32 should be 400. 32 should match the spindle motor data plate HZ

Parameters 21 and 24 sets the input mode. In other words where the run and frequency commands are coming from, Keypad or terminals.

Parameters 42 and 43 are the accel and decel, in seconds, factory default seems to be 3 seconds. Probably should be more like 5- 8 seconds for a spindle motor.

If it will run with parameter 51 set to 6, vector control mode, that would be my preference. Follow the auto tune instructions in section 3.9

Parameter 59, set to motor rated voltage.

I'm not able to find the Motor Rated Amps parameter, normally it's obvious.

I hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Jim. That is very helpful. I have been pounding away at this, but with so many parameters and so little experience, it was a bit overwhelming.

I sections 3 and 4 have been my bible for a few weeks now. I am glad to hear this is a hard inverter, I was beginning to feel a bit dumb.

First and foremost, do you have any clue as to how to set up Sections 21 and 24 to talk to the controller? This was my original issue. Or do you know what info I would need to get to the correct answer?

If you need anymore info to get me to where I need to be, please let me know. I am not a controls or even an electrical engineer, but I am a mechanical engineer, so I have some clue as to what is going on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Assuming it was working at one time, then the wiring should be connected between the controller and the inverter terminals. See section 6. Let's figure out how it is currently wired, then we'll have a chance at setting up 21 and 24 correctly to match the current wiring.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also assume it was correct an unaltered. I know the spindle worked until the reset and the previous operator told it worked until the business closed its doors.

I am wired in at COM and VIN with one twisted pair and FWD and +24 with another (the +24 wire is unconnected on the other side, but the FWD leads to the spindle.) COM and VIN run into the controller board.

I'm going to set up the spindle right now as per Jim's guidance, then I'm going to circle back to the controller setup.

Wish me luck and I'll be on so please let me know if you have anymore thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is what I would expect. The +24 being unconnected might be the problem. It should be going to a relay on the controller board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like it was done with intention, it was looped back on itself.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's interesting. The would indicate that the controller is supplying 24 volts to the FWD terminal. That would also indicate that the system is using the COM terminal as a common for both the speed control and the start/stop signal. A bit unusual. That being the case, the FWD signal should be coming from one of the opto relays on the controller board.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the motor working again (please don't ask me how, because I'm not too sure.)

Now I need to figure out the communications. Like you said before it is likely a combo of Parameters 21 and 24.

I assume since only FWD is connected Parameter 21 has to be: 1, 2, 3, 21, 22, or 23.

Not sure about parameter 24, but it may not make a difference if 21 is correct.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think parameter 21 needs to be set to 5 or 8 and it should work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Parameter 21 5/8 and parameter 24:0

Still having the communication error.

i have to run to Lowes, but I'll try a few more when I get back.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you anywhere close to Portland, Or?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I looked you up last night and no I am no where close to Portland, OR. I'm about as far as one can get, Jacksonville, Fl.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by retske View Post
    I looked you up last night and no I am no where close to Portland, OR. I'm about as far as one can get, Jacksonville, Fl.
    That's a little far for a road trip, I guess we'll just have to get you fixed up this way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lol yeah. From what I see any of the settings that says "Terminals" should have some signal on Para 21. If 3 is selected, then speed and start/stop should be controlled by the CNC, not the inverter's buttons. I'm wonder if the wrong signal is being sent and something in Para 24 is off. Or if wiring is wrong for some reason.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would expect that parameter 24 should be set to 0

Based on the wiring, I can't see how there could be two way communication with the controller. From what you described, it seems that there are only 4 (3?) wires between the controller and the drive. Are you getting an actual ''inverter communication'' error on the operator panel?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I found a bad switch for the spindle and replaced it. It was allowing signal to pass for continuity tests, but I think it was blocking data (too low voltage or something IDK.)

I now get LS Lockout on certain Para 21 programs, which is good, but the CNC's controller keeps returning "Communication Error With Inverter." So I am somewhere closer. I am resetting Para 24 to 0 and going through some of the para 21's/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am starting to think that maybe there is no response from the inverter to tell the controller that it's running.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast