Fusion 360 with Router project log + questions

Thread: Fusion 360 with Router project log + questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion 360 with Router project log + questions

Hello,
    I was wondering if any one else has tried using fusion 360 with their Multicam router? I just started using it for some mold cutting applications on our Multicam 3000, as I was not entirely happy Enroute. Currently, I have been running it for a total of twenty tool hours and found that so far the only faults in the post is the drilling cycle with the retract not being in the correct direction as well as it not posting Multicams G71 to enable metric programming. I am currently modifying the post to fix these issues however has any one else seen these issues?
    Thanks,
    -Sly

Similar Threads:
    5 years SolidWorks design
    contact via [email]craig.bigelow@gmail.com[/email]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 with Router project log + questions

Well,
    I have been using the software more as I go along. I found out that recently it has trouble with reading z depth changes inside of a G03 and the z depth does not change on this one line. This can easily be avoided changing the tool path entry type. Other than that it has been really smooth to use.
    Also, someone please post a gif or somthing so I do feel like I am talking with my self.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was actually just about to ask about this.

I have a very old Multicam machine with an M24 controller; I have to run PSS. I want to design and code it in Fusion360, but I'm not sure how well it will transfer to Multicam Job Server. I am going to go looking for the post I need with Fusion, if not, I have to figure out how to get from design to code.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    I open my G-Code code generated from fusion in the job console of the machine tools software and transfer it though that. Admittedly, I have never herd of PSS. I am guessin the router i am using is approx 5 to 7 years. I have tried to talk with the Multicam guys who have been incredible with helping me solve my general problems however they are hesitant on issues involving third party software. I would be cautious when looking for solution from them on just this particular issue. Though who knows?
    Hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Autodesk has post processors on their website, I use the HGPL post and it works like a charm (https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/). I'm still stress testing the machine and hardware, but I have some nice cuts on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a multicam 305 (jobserver on win7) and use fusion from time to time. Used the default postprocessor but had it modified i remember. Think it was because if i set the feedrate to 2000mm/minute it always read that as mm per second and also whenever it was ment to rapid back home it was using G1 for some reason.

Main reason I dont use fusion more often is because the way XY is setup on the multicam. If i stand infront of it and zero is in the right bottom corner, left to right is Y and front to back is X. When i then try to setup my WCS in fusion its sometimes completely impossible to get it right for some reason. I have really tried. Im sure there are fixes to all of this but havent had the time to go deeper and I intend to replace the controller whenever life lets me.

Last edited by ack1; 10-07-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ack1 View Post
    I have a multicam 305 (jobserver on win7) and use fusion from time to time. Used the default postprocessor but had it modified i remember. Think it was because if i set the feedrate to 2000mm/minute it always read that as mm per second and also whenever it was ment to rapid back home it was using G1 for some reason.

Main reason I dont use fusion more often is because the way XY is setup on the multicam. If i stand infront of it and zero is in the right bottom corner, left to right is Y and front to back is X. When i then try to setup my WCS in fusion its sometimes completely impossible to get it right for some reason. I have really tried. Im sure there are fixes to all of this but havent had the time to go deeper and I intend to replace the controller whenever life lets me.
    I think if you have the right post, it will solve your feedrate issue, but I have the same axis issue, which is easy to correct. Just design in a different orientation or rotate the models.
    I have a copy of BobCad, that I will try later, but Fusion seems the best free/cheap option.