Need Help! Chuck Not Releasing after spinning...

Thread: Chuck Not Releasing after spinning...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Chuck Not Releasing after spinning...

I am running a Multicam 3000 with an Umbra HSK spindle. As of yesterday, the chuck will not release when putting a tool away after use. It will release fine if the spindle hasn't ran between picking the tool up and putting it away. I have cleaned, lubed, and checked everything that I can think of and nothing seems damaged that I can tell. We had the spindle rebuilt approximately a year ago and have had no issues with it until now. Can anyone think of any causes of this, or things that I could check? I have been running this machine for a few years but am still very new in the technical world of how these things operate.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chuck Not Releasing after spinning...

Hi
    Seems there is a common problem albeit the oposite for me. I`m running a pair of 5000`s one of which will do a tool change and just hang showing an error of " Tool not loaded ". It`s away at the refurb shop at the moment but having spoken to them an hour ago they have managed to replicate the fault. It turns out that as the spindle gets up to full operating tempature something expands to the point where the prox sensors will not trip. They are putting this down to exessive heat in the spindle and are looking at a way to keep things cool. Does yours misbehave all the time or only when it`s run for a while ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Look at the pull stud at the top of the tool holder and make sure there is no wear or deformation. If that is not perfectly smooth it can bind. If you see any marring or wear change the pull stud out.
    Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I know its been long time, but did You managed to fix this? Having same problem here.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this sounds almost too simple but make sure your air pressure has not dropped too low. Below a certain point the stud clamp will not work. That will cause this. Hopefully it is not too much wear on the pull stud or the stud clamp or something more serious. If you have a bunch of people using your air in the shop when you are using the machine this can happen without you knowing it. Especially if there is a leak or a couple of people are using air sanders or both things going on at the same time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello!
    Form me it was air filter somewhere between compressor and machine. Machine showed 100 psi but the air flow was slow.