Need Help! 1998 MT22 Machine reset during program

Thread: 1998 MT22 Machine reset during program

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1998 MT22 Machine reset during program

I am brand new to the forum.

I have a 1998 Multicam MT22 that I have owned since new. For the last 19 years it has operated pretty much flawlessly with only spindle bearing replacement, X axis control board replacement, and just recently a new X axis lead screw and supernut. This machine has ran about 3-5 days a week for 19 years and has produced over half a million parts. The machine is connected to a Win 98 PC using the DNC software.

A week or so ago I was running a program and during routing it just stopped. Both Axis movement stopped and the spindle stopped. I looked at the controller and it said "WAITING" as if I had just turned on the machine. It then proceeded to go to the Machine Automation screen. A little freaked out I turned off and on the machine, reset home, adjusted program, and continued running flawlessly for the rest of the day and next.

Today during a drilling program it did it again and reset. This time I checked to see if the spindle was still enabled and it was. I reset everything again and it worked fine for the rest of the job.

I talked to Multicam and they said it is hard to troubleshoot but it could be the 5V power supply, the M23_4 Controller board (which they do not sell anymore), or loose connection or frayed wire.

Any thoughts or experience with this? Anyone have a M23_4 controller board for sale?

Thanks,

Troy Mckune

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1998 MT22 Machine reset during program

There's a M23-2 board for sale on Ebay. But if it were me I'd do more checking on your system, loose wires, and check the 5V PS as mentioned.

Neal

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1998 MT22 Machine reset during program

It sounds like you may have lose communications with your PC, check your serial cable from the computer to the control board.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMckune View Post
    I am brand new to the forum.

I have a 1998 Multicam MT22 that I have owned since new. For the last 19 years it has operated pretty much flawlessly with only spindle bearing replacement, X axis control board replacement, and just recently a new X axis lead screw and supernut. This machine has ran about 3-5 days a week for 19 years and has produced over half a million parts. The machine is connected to a Win 98 PC using the DNC software.

A week or so ago I was running a program and during routing it just stopped. Both Axis movement stopped and the spindle stopped. I looked at the controller and it said "WAITING" as if I had just turned on the machine. It then proceeded to go to the Machine Automation screen. A little freaked out I turned off and on the machine, reset home, adjusted program, and continued running flawlessly for the rest of the day and next.

Today during a drilling program it did it again and reset. This time I checked to see if the spindle was still enabled and it was. I reset everything again and it worked fine for the rest of the job.

I talked to Multicam and they said it is hard to troubleshoot but it could be the 5V power supply, the M23_4 Controller board (which they do not sell anymore), or loose connection or frayed wire.

Any thoughts or experience with this? Anyone have a M23_4 controller board for sale?

Thanks,

Troy Mckune