Need Help! need info on value sf series

Thread: need info on value sf series

Default need info on value sf series

hi everybody
    i'm looking for some info on a value of a late 90's (?) multicam sf series. this one is 4'x8'
    with vacuum table. i know nothing about these machines but have started building a small one
    for woodworking when this one came up. its supposed to be in decent working shape except for
    as he thinks a board that takes care of one of the motors is shot, everything else is supposed to be
    in good working order, can anyone give an approximate value range for this machine?
    i would appreciate any information i can get,I've tried searching but haven't found out enough

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: need info on value sf series

The SF machines were some the first machines Multicam ever produced. How much are they asking for this machine, are you going to inspect this machine?
    [

QUOTE=mikeyd895;2012048]hi everybody
    i'm looking for some info on a value of a late 90's (?) multicam sf series. this one is 4'x8'
    with vacuum table. i know nothing about these machines but have started building a small one
    for woodworking when this one came up. its supposed to be in decent working shape except for
    as he thinks a board that takes care of one of the motors is shot, everything else is supposed to be
    in good working order, can anyone give an approximate value range for this machine?
    i would appreciate any information i can get,I've tried searching but haven't found out enough[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

I found a couple of listings 1) $19,000, 2) $32,000. Both of those are overpriced IMHO. A customer of mine bought two 5 x 10s for $16,000 for the pair, including two 25HP vacuum pumps. One had two bad servo drives. The other one has had some issues also. I replaced the servos on the one with Teknic Clearpath SD servos, and did some repairs to the other.

I've looked at it already and we have a deal for $2500 the way it sits, I've known him and his dad for years and do a fair bit of business with him
    i have no reason to doubt hat he's told me, all working except one board for one motor
    are there any benefits in trying to keep the propriatary software as opposed to see about converting to mach 3 ?
    I've heard some have converted them but haven't found a lot of information on it yet
    are factory parts still easy to source?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, that's a deal! I see no advantage at all in using the original software, in fact I don't think much of it, to restrictive and a PITA to work with. Converting to Mach3 would be a snap, I can't recommend a breakout board, but it would be a very easy conversion.

Factory parts are available, but expensive, as is their tech support. Just about every part on that machine is an off-the-shelf item that is available from many vendors.

thanks for all the info, i was worried that i rushed into a machine without knowing enough about it
    this makes it a little easier when i tell the wife "look what we bought today"
    I'm pretty sure she's going to see it in the garage or the loader taking it off the trailer

Downloads
    Uploads

My pleasure. Good luck with the wife

wife is completely not impressed, her and one of her friends asked what does it do so i told them
    i could use it to build another one, does not think thats funny at all
    does anyone know where i can get a manual for this one?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd895 View Post
    wife is completely not impressed, her and one of her friends asked what does it do so i told them
    i could use it to build another one, does not think thats funny at all
    does anyone know where i can get a manual for this one?
    PM me with your email and I'll send you the 1999 SF Manual.

Neal

apparently your overloaded with messages already

mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd895 View Post
    apparently your overloaded with messages already

mike
    Sorry, Try again, I cleaned house! :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,
    I sent you 3 emails with the files I have for a SF. As for the electrical schematics, they can vary with each machine and original options installed, and are supplied to the original buyer at purchase. There was a time when MC would email them to you if you called support and have the SN, but maybe not any longer, you could try it.

Neal

thanks Neal
    i will try calling and see if i have any luck
    those manuals you sent are a real good start for me so far
    still cold here so be awhile before i move it here