Just In New Multicam Apex

Thread: New Multicam Apex

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Multicam Apex

Hi,
    I just received a new Multicam Apex machine and thought I'd share a few pictures of the delivery and configuration of the machine direct from the factory. Next week a Multicam tech is scheduled to set the machine up and provide some training. I'd be happy to share any details of the experience for anyone interested. All I've had up until now is my Shopbot which has been great. Just excited about my new machine and thought I'd share!
    Jeff

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Multicam Apex-img_0512-jpg   New Multicam Apex-img_0510-jpg   New Multicam Apex-img_0521-jpg   New Multicam Apex-img_0522-jpg  

New Multicam Apex-img_0525-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Multicam Apex

Thanks for sharing. what are you building with it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I build displays for museums. Mostly cut wood, HDPE and acrylic. Thanks for the interest Joebrez!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Jeffsagan,

Just received our APEX yesterday, waiting for installation/training appt.

We make custom retail displays, we have a Zund L3000 that has been our workhorse, but we've outgrown the 1kw router. Looking forward to applying
    the new capabilities to new projects.
    How has the multicam been working out for you?

Any insights from your set up / experience you'd be able to share with me would be immensely helpful.

Cheers,

Mike Jorgensen
    LUSH | Retail Environments Inc.
    Home - Lush Retail Environments Inc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,
    Sorry for the late response. The new Apex has worked pretty well but certainly has not been without problems. As of today it is down for the first time. The thought according to Multicam is that the motherboard is fried. The tech that I have been working with is great. My concern is over quality control in the factory. There have been other issues associated with the pneumatic dust boot operation and alignment that required a service call. If you haven't already had installation I would strongly advise taking time to really use the machine for tasks you plan on doing while the tech is still there to identify problems. I should have done this more. The tech would have been fine with it. My fault for not taking advantage of the opportunity.
    I had a Shopbot for 8 years before the Apex and never once had an issue. Hopefully the Apex will prove its value over the long term once the factory bugs are worked out.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsagan View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Sorry for the late response. The new Apex has worked pretty well but certainly has not been without problems. As of today it is down for the first time. The thought according to Multicam is that the motherboard is fried. The tech that I have been working with is great. My concern is over quality control in the factory. There have been other issues associated with the pneumatic dust boot operation and alignment that required a service call. If you haven't already had installation I would strongly advise taking time to really use the machine for tasks you plan on doing while the tech is still there to identify problems. I should have done this more. The tech would have been fine with it. My fault for not taking advantage of the opportunity.
    I had a Shopbot for 8 years before the Apex and never once had an issue. Hopefully the Apex will prove its value over the long term once the factory bugs are worked out.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    NO worries. I appreciate you taking the time out from your day to share your advice.
    still waiting for installation. had hard time getting my electrician, air comp. etc. vendors. in line. was supposed to be 31st but now on to the 8th I'm freaking out because I have a job that will require 300 4x8 sheets of 1/2 and 3/4" pvc due in september... I appreciate the heads up on files. I'm sending files to MC so they can give me the enroute cut files to run while the tech is here...

Next question: What dust collector do you run on the apex?
    we have a grizzly 3hp dual bagger in the shop, and use a basic shop vac for the ZUND, but with pvc sheets theres going to be a ton of chips and I'm considering getting an industrial Oneida 5 hp with a separator and putting it next to the multicam. its (another) 3K - not sure if I really "need" it or just want it because we're going to be in scramble mode from day one...

Thanks for getting back to me, i understand you may not get this for a while, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,
    Sounds like you have good stuff going on. I have an Oneida 5 hp but it may be overkill depending on the application. As I'm sure you are aware, much depends on the how long the ducting run is and ducting diameter. Feel free to give me a call anytime if anything comes up. 614-560-5984.
    Jeff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Jeff,

Update on our new Apex- awesome. Thank you for suggesting we put the machine through it's paces while Mike our Tech was still here. Been going 18hrs a day for three weeks from the day he left our shop. Plowing through 300+ sheets of 3/4" &1/2" Komatex ( Sintra). Not exactly apple to oranges, but our ZUND took 3 hrs on sheets that we're finishing on the multicam in 45minutes (@ 1200 ipm). I ponied up for the 5hp oneida but still haven't gotten to the plumbing of it all. we're getting by with our grizzly directly hosed to the gantry. Couldn't be happier and hope you're getting your money's worth out of yours as well. I'm looking into cabinet software so I can do dovetail joinery.. If you have any more sage advice on the dovetail / cabinet software, I'm all ears.

Thank you again for taking the time out from your business to share your experience.