Need Help! Communication Issues

Thread: Communication Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Communication Issues

Ok so some background. My company purchased a Multicam CNC Pro 100 series from someone and we have yet to be able to get this thing to communicate with the computer. I have no idea if it is the actual computer or the machine itself. I am not a cnc programmer or operator so I am sorry that I will not know what to communicate to you. I have spent hours on the phone with multicam but still nothing. I believe maybe we are missing parts for the machine to connect correctly. We have a serial cable plugged into the machine and the computer. It is telling me the handshaking cannot be detected and the dnc says inactive, Am I possibly missing some more cables that should be plugged into the machine and the computer because right now I only have the one. I am using windows 98 which is what I was told has to be used with this machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Communication Issues

Give me a call, I may be able to help.

678-548-1483
    Maurice Phelps
    MCP Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ladyowsh View Post
    Ok so some background. My company purchased a Multicam CNC Pro 100 series from someone and we have yet to be able to get this thing to communicate with the computer. I have no idea if it is the actual computer or the machine itself. I am not a cnc programmer or operator so I am sorry that I will not know what to communicate to you. I have spent hours on the phone with multicam but still nothing. I believe maybe we are missing parts for the machine to connect correctly. We have a serial cable plugged into the machine and the computer. It is telling me the handshaking cannot be detected and the dnc says inactive, Am I possibly missing some more cables that should be plugged into the machine and the computer because right now I only have the one. I am using windows 98 which is what I was told has to be used with this machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What time zone are you in? It's 6:30pm where I am. Can I give you a call tomorrow when I am at work next to the machine?