Multicam 1000 Drag Knife

Thread: Multicam 1000 Drag Knife

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam 1000 Drag Knife

Hi Everyone.

I'm new here and i'm from Los Angeles Area.
    Hopefully i can get more information here to resolve my common problem using this Multicam 1000.

I have this 1000 about 1year now and i always come up with with shelling problem while cutting drag knife on cutting mat.
    even when i cut straight line it will show shelling edges ( wavy )

any of you experience this kinda problem ? or it's just basicly the dynamic of the 1000 making like shaking movement.

Can you guys give me some suggestion how to do better cut result ?

I'm using Enroute basic and Multicam 1000 with knife system.

Thanks so much for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam 1000 Drag Knife

Know it's been a while, but perhaps this may be useful.

I'll assume you've got a sharp blade AND a clean, flat table that isn't bumping the tip. (Slightly angled previous cuts could pull on the tip causing this effect.)

If your drag knife includes a portion of the blade which is forward of the rotation point (mine does, half of the blade) and you cut material thick enough to be cut by that forward section, that can cause waving, even tearing and having the blade flip around on a corner or tight curve. On such thick material, multiple passes should help so that only the stable rear section of the knife is cutting. Two does it for me when I've had issues like this on foamcore or coroplast.