Multicam 5000 plunge issue

Thread: Multicam 5000 plunge issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam 5000 plunge issue

Hey guys, I got some great help here last time for some countersinking issues that I was having. So figure I will ask another question.

We have a Multicam 5000 series router here, and use enroute to program. My issue is, at random when running a file, it will just slam the bit down into the material at full tilt. Other times it will plunge at the rate I have set it too.

There is no pattern to it, or no certain area of the table that it happens in. Its totally random. But its killing our bits, breaking the tips off our carbides when it slams into a piece of aluminum like that.

I have set the max values to 12 in/min plunge speed in enroute, and it still does it.

Any suggestions, or places to check? Multicam keeps saying its a programming issue, but then why does it only do it at certain times. Everything is programmed at the same plunge rate of 12 inch/min.....

Thanks in advance for any help!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We've got a MC 5000 and also use Enroute. I have done something similar a few times but I can always trace it back to Enroute. It is too easy to misplace the decimal or add another zero on the plunge speed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CynSant View Post
    We've got a MC 5000 and also use Enroute. I have done something similar a few times but I can always trace it back to Enroute. It is too easy to misplace the decimal or add another zero on the plunge speed.

Yes, if it happened all the time, I could see this. But my issue is its at complete random. Sometimes it wont do it for 3 or 4 plates, then all of the sudden it slams down for a couple holes, then goes back to normal. Then might do it again for one random hole here or there.

I program all of the hole plunge speed's the same. So that pretty much rules out Enroute, or I would think each hole would do it, every time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is an odd one. Have you looked at the M-code? Does the same file yield different results at different executions?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

BTW Rodney... what sort of dehumidifier do you use on your system?
    Ours just went belly-up.