Need Help! Fanuc 10 M Option 1 Board

Thread: Fanuc 10 M Option 1 Board

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 10 M Option 1 Board

Need help I have a old Mori with a 10M control I am trying to get up and going with everything plugged into the main PCB I get a 8. alarm on main board an the monitor wont come up , if i unplug the Option 1 board my Monitor will come up and main PCB goes to a 0 and monitor comes up in the IPL screen this machine has been sitting for several years.What does the Option 1 Board control and do i need it to upload the parameters and get moving forward on this project any help will be greatly appreciated .

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fanuc 10 M Option 1 Board

It has circuits for an additional serial port and for the high-speed skip signals. It can be used for either RS232 or RS422 signals.

If the serial port on your main PCB is blown, you can plug in the option 1 card (and set an option parameter), then use the additional serial port. If you have a serial port on the pendant also, then you could have up to 3 serial ports on the 10.

My guess is that you don't need it. However, option parameters may be set looking for this board to be installed at power up. You should be able to press 6 and exit IPL mode, if not maybe a memory all clear is in order. Make sure you have a complete backup before doing that.