Newbie Mori Seiki return to Microsoft Windows

Thread: Mori Seiki return to Microsoft Windows

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki return to Microsoft Windows

Hey guys. Im COMPLETLY new on using CNC machines. (Im studying to become a CNC operator). Anyway, out of pure interest i was hoping any of you guys could tell me how i get back to microsoft windows from the Mori Seiki menu?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Depends on what version of Mapps your running. I have done it to modify the online manuals on the Mapps 4, but fair warning, this is NOT your standard windows, its embedded XP, and no real reason to get in there. One false move and you WILL need a service call to re-load software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Depends on what version of Mapps your running. I have done it to modify the online manuals on the Mapps 4, but fair warning, this is NOT your standard windows, its embedded XP, and no real reason to get in there. One false move and you WILL need a service call to re-load software.
    What he said!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki return to Microsoft Windows

I run an NHX-6300, so what is hiding in the windows software? I need access to probe calibration data, or possible grid shift to correct a y axis probe shift. Money is too tight for service calls.
    And how would you go about backing up windows? And reinstalling if need be? The machine is about 2.5 years old and don't know what mapps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki return to Microsoft Windows

Nothing much in the windows side at all. A basic operating shell more or less. None of what you want to do is in there anyways. Grid shift is in parameters just like anything else. Same with probe calibration. Re install of windows is not possible by you, it requires a special formated card with mapps loaded. It may be possible to use norton ghost to image the system compact flash card on a off line pc, never tried.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk