Mori Seiki TV-30 MSC-802M (M50) interpolation problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mori Seiki TV-30 MSC-802M (M50) interpolation problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My TV-30 just has a simple X-Y table, no pallet, etc.

Please fax the GOP parameters and any thing else that might be helpful to fix the "Z70 abs. Illegal" alarm and convert the machine to inch.

fax: 408-286-7950

Thanks,

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fax should be there...

Ok, it says to use a 250MM block. That is with the table removed. It is kind of a PITA to pull the table, so you can subtract the thickness of the table and machine a gauge block that long.

I am running some parts right now, but when they are done, I will take a look and see what my parameters are for inch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again!

I got the fax, however, I have to clear the "Z70 abs. Illegal" alarm before I can go farther. Currently I can not move Z down (it only goes up now).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give me a little bit. I gotta dig deep in the back of my brain. I have had this happen before. There is a way to go into the ladder and tell it that it is OK to travel Z-. There is something that is telling the control that it can't go down.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

PM me your phone number and I will give you a call. I have a couple ideas.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try going to the DGN in/out, page over to ABS-SRV and page down once. Make sure XYZ and C say OK.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The ABS SYS line reads: (X) ESS (Y) ESS (Z) INC (C) INC

The TYPE line on the next page reads: (X) NO STOPPER (Y) NO STOPPER (Z) INC. (C) INC.

The STATE line on the next page reads: (X) NG (Y) NG (Z) NG (C) NG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK, you need to set parameter 2049 under Z to a 2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom, That was great help last night!

I have one other problem, maybe someone knows while I am zeroing my axis...

2. The NC Programs menu only has "O-NO Alter, DEL, COPY" functions. No "EDIT, READ, PUNCH... " functions.

Also, we get the lube pressure red light every time we turn on the machine... I saw you changed two parameters to fix this, but you did not give the second location in your old post.

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it's not like a Fanuc. Kinda stumped me for a while too. You go to the DIG in/out, page over to input, type "1" for main program and hit input.

Do you have lube on yours, or is it grease?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris, and hi again Custom! Nice to see you're passing on TV-30 knowledge

Anyway, if you can't figure out the Z70, let me know. I only noticed your (Chris') PM on Practical Machinist today, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I have a complete set of manuals plus stuff from the web and some notes from a Mori tech.

Cheers,
    Harri

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Harri,
    Well, I was taught from the best!! Might as well help out another TV-30 owner. I think there is just a few of us left!

We got the Z70 figured out last night. I think he may have lost some parameters. The Z axis was set to INC instead of NO-STOPPER.

I just need to find the 2 parameters that I changed for the lube alarm. Shouldn't take me long.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again Custom and nice to hear from you Harri!... it was your old troubleshooting posts from 2009 that got me here. Any help you can give me is much appreciated... I hope you still accept virtual bottles of beer :-)

I tried the #(1) ( ) input from INPUT, MAIN PROGRAM parameter, but I get "E04 DEV. NOT READY".

You are supposed to leave the data () empty?

And, I can't move Z down again, so I will try the DGN IN/OUT PLC I/F (Y1c2) (1) (2) trick again.

I was almost done zeroing Z... moving the spindle up 200mm from the 250 point, and it seemed to only go up about 70mm, so I moved it down to start over, and it froze.

By the way, this all started when I was trying to convert the machine from metric to inches... the 4 parameters are in inches mode now (1016, 1040, 1041, 1042), but I am guessing that is why I need to re-zero the 3 axis.

Last edited by chrisclub; 11-19-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to Custom and Harri's old posts, and a lot of help from Custom these last two days, I got all the axis zeroed and no more alarms!

But I am afraid I will still be bugging you for help till I am making chips on this thing.

I still think it odd when I go to the Program screen, when the cursor is on the "DIALOG PROGRAM LIST" side, all the function keys have options like NEW FILE, EDIT, ... PUNCH, READ, etc, but on the NC PROGRAM LIST side, only 0-NO ALTER, COPY and DEL show up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No problem, any time! Happy to help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On to programming...

I have a couple questions...

1. In the POS/SEARCH, it comes up "TAPE (0)", I guess TAPE (0) means search Memory, and TAPE (1) means search a tape?

2. Even though the machine is set to inches (1041 = 1, 1042 = 1), the OFFSET, Tool H, D and G54 numbers are still entered in metric?

3.In the OFFSET/OFFSET/REGISTER menu, what do the "D" and "AUX fields mean?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Chris,
    OK, ignore the tape part. Just type in the program number you want to run and hit input. The program on the NC will pop up.

The tool numbers will stay that way until you clear them and input your own numbers. And remember, the decimal is moved over one position. 2.000" is actually 20.000. I still haven't figured out what they were thinking on that.

The register is for registering which tool uses which offset. You want those to be set to correspond with the tool number. The H is the offset number. So tool 1 should use offset 1 (H1), tool 2, offset 2(H2)...ect.

Basically it is so if you have 1 set of 10 tools, and a second set of 10 tools, you can load the one set for a job, and have tool 1 use offset 1. On the second set of 10 tools for a second job, you can use tool 1 and offset 11, tool 2 offset 12. That way, you can put the first set of tools back in, you just program offset 1 for tool 1 on tool set 1 and you don't have to re touch off the tools. Don't worry about the aux. You don't need it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim. I was able to load the NC programs and edit them fine using POS/SEARCH

About the Z adjust...

Should the chamfer on the top of the pull stud on the tool holder contact the chamfer on the bottom of the channel on the spindle by .05 to .10 as it rotates into place?

This makes the tool holder bobble a bit, but it still gets engaged fine with the spindle as it slams down.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Chris,
    You are talking about when the tool changer spins, the pull studs are just tapping the side of the spindle? If so, no, the Z height should be set higher. I would pull the table off and re-set it. I know it is a pain, but if you do it that way, it will be correct every time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have an EMG EMERGENCY PLC alarm
    and a M01 operation error 0101 and the spindle wont go up or down.

Any idea on how to release these alarms?

the Y1C2 (1) (2) trick doesn't work...

Thanks,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast