Any SH series horizontal owners here? Looking for feedback on them.

Thread: Any SH series horizontal owners here? Looking for feedback on them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any SH series horizontal owners here? Looking for feedback on them.

Looking at an older machine and would like any feedback and where the weak points might be on them?

Also trying to determine what options the controls came with. Surprisingly Mori is next to no help. Trying to figure out if these came standard with any high speed machining options, look ahead, etc?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any SH series horizontal owners here? Looking for feedback on them.

We have 2 of them. SH-400 & SH-403.

They've been solid machines. Most of our problems with them have been ATC or magazine related. The bearings in the setup station turntable have gone bad a few times as well.

We've been running both machines 24 hours a day, 5 days a week for the better part of the 12 years I've been here. They're still accurate and reliable.

I would recommend you inspect the white nylon pieces in the magazine (assuming it's a high capacity magazine). They start to warp over time and the magazine chain gets caught in them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any SH series horizontal owners here? Looking for feedback on them.

SH what?
    The 400s and 500s where pretty good, I wouldn't buy a SHxx though, only the SHxxx series.
    They all had look ahead, but the triple digit machines had i series controls, much better high speed capabilities.
    Being production machines, you really need to inspect the spindles, it can get expensive to rebuild, and the 50s/500s are not a super easy spindle to get in and out. They were also the first high speed horizontal series from mori, started in 93/94 if memory serves.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk